• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***P365x macro…what’s the verdict ***

Have ya shot a macro frame? It’s solid! I shot yesterday side by side the g19 mos and x macro tacops. Came home and sold the g19
I bought the full macroX gun in order to get the slide, so yes. There's nothing about that frame that is going to reduce recoil anymore than the XL frame, especially an XL with a magwell. If you have a magwell that is tight on your hand and forces your grip into the beaver tail that will always reduce recoil more than a frame where there is space between your hand and a magwell or no magwell at all. Also, personally the XL frame has some nice curves that really fit my hand like a glove, whereas the macro frame feels blocky like a Glock. That last part is personal preference though I realize.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, MacroX front sight is different from 365 front sight. I see this mentioned NOWHERE on the web. I found out after trying to swap sights on the two. Macro sight will slide all the way through by hand on the 365 slide, and 365 sight will not fit at all on the Macro slide. Base of the Macro sight is much thinner. Very strange. Sight companies are not listing them as any different, but you have been warned.

My thoughts? The juice isnt worth the squeeze. The slide on the macro is the same length as the xl, but the grip on the macro is longer than the grip on a g19. If you do a Google search for "xmacro vs g19" a site called handgun hero will have a pretty good visual aid giving measurements and even the ability to Overlay the pistols on top of one another. I've compared the xmacro to every other handgun in that market space that I can think of and it's bigger than almost all of them. Honestly if it were the slide that were longer it would be ok because that conceals easier than the grip. The xmacro isnt a wonder gun in my opinion it's just the result of good marketing.

I've still find a significant recoil reduction with the macro-x slide. I still run the XL frame. The only gripe I have about the macro-x is the sight radius is no longer than a standard 365 because of the comp.
If you run a dot however it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom