• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People w/experience and knowledge. What are some of the best recent trucks?

It's because most trucks on the road any more are 4 door which usually means sacrificing some bed space. Obviously there are a few exceptions but you couple 4 full doors with a 6' bed it makes for a pretty long truck. I had no need for a 4 door and took me a while to find one with just an extended cab instead of crew cab. It also meant I got a 6' bed instead of 5'.
Yes, I wanted the access cab with manual transmission in spruce mica. Apparently, that was like asking dealers to find a unicorn. I ended up with a DCSB, an automatic transmission, and a super common color. Oh well. It's been a good truck and they used to sell for 10% under MSRP. One of my friends has a DCLB and it's a little bit less maneuverable.

I've owned 2 Nissan Titan's one 2004 bought new and kept it 7 years and put 220,000 and had no major issues. Bought another Titan 2011 and just sold it to a co worker it had 290,00 miles and going strong on same drive train. Both Titans where Pro 4X. I do know to stay away from the Nissan diesel's as there have been reported problems when mated to the automatic transmissions.
I spent a lot of time at the dealership trying to decide between the Titan and Frontier. Loaded Titan with everything was 62000. 10,000 off with zero percent interest and a five year bumper to bumper warranty on the 23 titan. Since I haul air 99 percent of the time just went with the Frontier. 2024 is the last year of the Titans.

Picked up my first Toyota truck 1 year ago. What convinced me was the 2007 Toyota Camry I bought just before Covid hit, for $2000, with 279,000 miles, in 2019. This thing wouldn't quit no matter how much I beat on it. I originally was a GM tried and true, until a new 1996 1500 threw me for a loop and cost a lot of money @ 105,000 miles. Next Honda was a main staple in my family's driveway. Had plenty and racked up some good miles. Then tried the CRV Turbo 4 cylinder, and had some issues with that.

Got the Tacoma TRD Off-Road, but also had to search high and low to get the color and the 6 foot bed. I use this as a truck so the extra 1 foot on the bed length vs. the other 80% of Tacomas is extremely helpful. I have @37K on this '22 now, and look forward to hitting mile 300,000 one day!View attachment 6573364
Hondas are good too. That Yoda, as I call them, will likely go well beyond 300k if you do your part

Newer F150 with 5.0, no ecoboosts - Garbage.

15-18 models gmc and Chevrolets have horrendous transmissions. Steer clear

Tacomas and Tundras are hard to beat. Can more than likely find a Tacoma with warranty left for sub 40k. I’ve seen “modern” Tacomas between 300-500k on the odometer and still daily driver worthy.

Back
Top Bottom