• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People w/experience and knowledge. What are some of the best recent trucks?

Yep, a good used Toyota pickup is a solid vehicle, and if you shop around and buy an older used version you'll easily save...a thousand bucks - compared to the cost of of a new Cyber Truck.
Dude, I looked for low mileage gen 2 Tacomas and the price is crazy high. Great trucks no doubt, but even my miserly ass will spring 6-7k more for a new one. I understand finding a 2015 with low miles is somewhat hard, but I'm not paying 35k for an 8 year old Tacoma, inflation be damned!

Dude, I looked for low mileage gen 2 Tacomas and the price is crazy high. Great trucks no doubt, but even my miserly ass will spring 6-7k more for a new one. I understand finding a 2015 with low miles is somewhat hard, but I'm not paying 35k for an 8 year old Tacoma, inflation be damned!

That's a large reason why I ended up in a 23 Frontier. Having worked as a Toyota technician for 10 years, I think highly of the Tacoma but I wasn't willing to pay that reputation tax for it. Of course the other reason being when I put out what I thought was kind of a low-ball offer to my local Nissan dealer, they took it. So there's that.

That's a large reason why I ended up in a 23 Frontier. Having worked as a Toyota technician for 10 years, I think highly of the Tacoma but I wasn't willing to pay that reputation tax for it. Of course the other reason being when I put out what I thought was kind of a low-ball offer to my local Nissan dealer, they took it. So there's that.
Nissan was the other big one in consideration. Good quality trucks that can perform. Also their price is lower and they drop a lot more in price in the used market which is crazy. I was actually looking at Titans too, but the cost was still a bit too much considering I don't really NEED a full size truck. I ended up getting a 23 Tacoma trd with 19k miles. Might sound silly, this truck has all sorts of things I don't need/care for/could do without, but I know I'll be having my mother and my niece in the back seat and my mother would bitch to high heaven about that frontiers backseat.

Have y'all seen the Tundra Capstone? Good looking truck but $83K is a bit rich for me.
20231221_102927.jpg

'18 Tacoma here. You won't regret it...

Even a '23 TRD Pro is only $48k, which is pretty cheap for a brand new top of the line model comparatively.
When I was looking three months ago. Both pro’s I looked at were 53,750 msrp. Couldn’t buy them ibecause of a stop sale on them at that time. New 24 tacomas pricing was released last week. Sr5 increase 3000 across the board. Trd sport and off road anywhere between 6000 to 8000 across the board depending on options. I built a loaded Trd off-road and it came out for 54000. the Pro model coming in April and will probably be close to 58,000. Greedy west coast dealers are already advertising 5 to 7000 mark up on trucks that aren’t even on their lots yet. Just allocated units expected to arrive soon.

Back
Top Bottom