• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People w/experience and knowledge. What are some of the best recent trucks?

I recommend shopping for an older one owner Tundra or Tacoma that the private owner is selling... stay away from dealers. Have it inspected & scanned by a qualified Toyota mechanic before you buy it. Low miles and remaining warranty are less important than proper maintenance & care.
I have a 2002 that I recently purchased with 180,000 one owner miles, I also have a 2007 that I purchased several years ago when it had 270,000 miles. Both are excellent trucks.

Is It Worth to Buy a Toyota Tundra With Around 200k Miles?

I have an 06. The only issue is the paint pitting on the hood. I’ve seriously considered having it painted. I know it would be the price of a used truck 6 years ago to paint it but it’s in great shape otherwise.
2024 GMC Sierra Denali turbo diesel getting around 27-30mpg is nice but the price tag is out of this world
Those 3.0 diesels are interesting. Of course diesel is going to have higher maintenance. A friend who actually uses his as a truck damaged a transmission line with only 15000 miles on it. 10-12 hours to replace. You have to disassemble the truck to do anything to it which I guess is common these days

I have an 06. The only issue is the paint pitting on the hood. I’ve seriously considered having it painted. I know it would be the price of a used truck 6 years ago to paint it but it’s in great shape otherwise.
The hood on my 2002 did the same thing... I had it sprayed with Line-X so I'll never have to worry about it again. The hood on my mothers 2002 is doing the same thing, but I am going to try a wipe on product that seals, protects and preserves that 'patina' look.

All of the Toyota mentions of being the best are funny. They all can have issues - yes even Toyota.

A friends Tacoma just had the transmission fail at 70K. So he dumped it and bought a new Ram. He'd bought it because of the Tacoma reputation of "never have any problems"...lol.

All of the Toyota mentions of being the best are funny. They all can have issues - yes even Toyota.

A friends Tacoma just had the transmission fail at 70K. So he dumped it and bought a new Ram. He'd bought it because of the Tacoma reputation of "never have any problems"...lol.
Anything can fail. You probably have less likelihood of something failing on a Toyota than anything else. I'd probably have gotten the transmission rebuilt before I'd have switched to something else, but that's just me.

Anything can fail. You probably have less likelihood of something failing on a Toyota than anything else. I'd probably have gotten the transmission rebuilt before I'd have switched to something else, but that's just me.
Exactly - the brand doesn't guarantee anything. He bought it based on their reputation, but Toyotas can fail too. At that point he didn't want to deal with fixing it.

Dunno about that as the domestics do trucks very well. That's the best thing they do now, since they have mostly abandoned the car market.

Reactions: GFB
When I was looking three months ago. Both pro’s I looked at were 53,750 msrp. Couldn’t buy them ibecause of a stop sale on them at that time. New 24 tacomas pricing was released last week. Sr5 increase 3000 across the board. Trd sport and off road anywhere between 6000 to 8000 across the board depending on options. I built a loaded Trd off-road and it came out for 54000. the Pro model coming in April and will probably be close to 58,000. Greedy west coast dealers are already advertising 5 to 7000 mark up on trucks that aren’t even on their lots yet. Just allocated units expected to arrive soon.

None of this is surpising. I bought mine 3 years ago, and googled the price on '23s.

I like the truck, but it can make a lot of noise that is apparently normal. I tested a few and they all sound like an engine that's about to go out, but that's due to the fuel system and valve timing. Pulled into my driveway tonight, let it roll back to pull into a different spot and when I hit the gas it made a hell of a racket. ******** thought I broke it.

As long as it holds together I'll be happy. But I have to admit, there's a whole lot of cool features and I probably am only aware of a quarter of them, but on the whole I would have been happy to have paid a whole lot less than have things like the lane departure system etc. I mean the ****ing back glass can slide open and closed automatically. Has me asking existential questions like Who Am I?

Had a 2007 tundra, transmission went out a 92000 had to buy a new one( transmission) . 135000 later traded for new 2020 ford f150 @ 31500 engine unloaded sat at dealer for almost 3 months during Covid could not get an engine, my son filed lemon law have a new truck now. Good to have a lawyer in the family. But as someone said anything can happen…

Back
Top Bottom