• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perfect 300 BO barrel length?

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting the parts together to build a 300BO pistol. Been doing some reading and see that a 8"-9" barrel is needed to burn all the powder and the velocity gain by going longer is very little. But, my question is, does a linear comp (ie. Flaming Pig) actually help w/ burning any powder? Let's say I do a 7-7.5" barrel, would the 3" comp make it essentially a 10" barrel?

I want to go as short as possible, and only building it, well because... I don't have one :)

Also, who make a good barrel that won't break my bank?

8" to 10" is all you need. You will likely bottom out with anything longer unless you are hunting some serious hawgs.

I LOVE my 300 black pistols, full length, and SBR. Flaming pig question has been answered. I have one with just a thread protector that is 8" It is so stinking cool.

8" to 10" is all you need. You will likely bottom out with anything longer unless you are hunting some serious hawgs.

I LOVE my 300 black pistols, full length, and SBR. Flaming pig question has been answered. I have one with just a thread protector that is 8" It is so stinking cool.

I have a 16" rifle already, pretty much bored and wanting a pistol. One of these days I am going to suck up the whole tax stamp thing and join the NFA game. Thought a short pistol in 300 would be good suppressed for shooting predators snacking on our chickens in the middle of the night.

The perfect length depends on your use case. What are you planning on doing with it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom