• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Planning and Staging a successful Pro-2A rally ...

FredAlert

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
217   3
Reaction score
So, I was a little disappointed watching the news yesterday seeing the turnout of these sad 2A rallies across the country and it occurred to me that we need to have a real and well planned, well publicized event that is organized properly. Somewhere around Atlanta, we could set an example, and a tone for the rest of the country. So it occurs to me that a few things have to change if you want widespread appeal for an event like this from people who are supporters of our cause but who aren't necessarily fanatics. I'm going to list a few ideas that I have but the whole point of this post is just brainstorming, how would you do it better?

-We can't alienate people in general, and by this I mean that most 2a supporters are not hardcore activists and most of them aren't comfortable with an event that is mostly tacticool posers covered in chest rigs with rifles dangling from their chest ... We don't need this, we aren't trying to change the culture with an event like this we are trying to have a show of support for 2A, in general. Most people that support the second amendment aren't "when you pry it from my cold dead hands" type and by pushing that kind of a message you pretty much guarantee that your core demographic isn't going to show up.

-We have to market the heck out of it. We would have to start by getting stickies on the forums here, maybe other local forums like ga outdoor news, ga packing and get gacarry to spam their mailing lists about it, contact the NRA, ask them for support in planning an event and for marketing help .... contact all of our local gun shops, give them flyers to post etc well in advance. Contact gun clubs that are local, have them spam their memberships about it....

-Select a non confrontational location. We don't want to march on city hall here, the best case scenario is that we choose a location that is at least already semi-friendly or completely neutral ..... Maybe we find a large outdoor gun club close to the city or something? Who knows ...

-Obviously we need to reach out to tap the gun friendly media types like hickock45, colin noir, etc and get them to plug it as well, as often as they can until it happens. See how many of these people that are reasonable and that gun folks tend to look up to or go to for advice might be willing to come and speak at an event like this ....

-Include as many wildly different groups of people that all like guns as possible ... make sure that all of these groups that the libs tend to focus on are represented .... for instance, there is a chapter of the pink pistols in Atlanta

I would love to see a real, vibrant event that is peaceful, fun for the whole family and draws a large crowd rather than these tiny little rallies that look like a bunch of fanatics sitting around the city hall steps.

What a novel idea...say perhaps the weekend of May 4th thru May 6th. At a good neutral and friendly location.

Keep it friendly, family atmosphere, advertise it, market it, and recruit from it. Create business opportunities for everyone and learn alot from it.

Yes...it's called a NRA convention in Dallas Texas...

https://www.nraam.org/attend/

Yeah, no, plan and think local ..... #1 remember what I said about alienating people? 99% of people don't have either time or money to fly to dallas to rub elbows with other folks #2 something once a year that is already an NRA event is written off by the media and anti-gun folks ... it isn't a movement, it isn't seen as grass rots, it's just the NRA.

What a novel idea...say perhaps the weekend of May 4th thru May 6th. At a good neutral and friendly location.

Keep it friendly, family atmosphere, advertise it, market it, and recruit from it. Create business opportunities for everyone and learn alot from it.

Yes...it's called a NRA convention in Dallas Texas...

https://www.nraam.org/attend/

I have a simple idea. Get your antifa, BLM, rainbow , trans flag and show up fully armed and throw glitter and say you are pro 2a while riding a unicorn. You will be Times man/ woman of the year. They will love you and hand out .22 .

A huge number of people that do support the second amendment also don't necessarily support the NRA for a variety of reasons ... some just out of paranoia because the y don't want to be on a list associated with them.

Yeah, no, plan and think local ..... #1 remember what I said about alienating people? 99% of people don't have either time or money to fly to dallas to rub elbows with other folks #2 something once a year that is already an NRA event is written off by the media and anti-gun folks ... it isn't a movement, it isn't seen as grass rots, it's just the NRA.

the problem with going to the NRA convention to present your case is that it provides the media the ability to say it's just the NRA and it's members who care about the 2nd amendment.

the NRA is a large organization with the funds and clout to set up a peaceful protest for the 2nd amendment, as decribed by the $7000 bill for the gsp keep the peaceful rally peaceful. the gsp would try to keep the anti peaceful 2nd amendment folks in line as they have proven that they will bring rocks, weapons and sneak in their spies to the other side to provoke violence. proper paperwork will not stop the anti-2nd amendment people from gathering, holding signs or at their worst destroying property

You want to joke about this, but I'm being serious here. If you want to save our constitution you have to create a movement that has widespread appeal. You want the kids, you watch the world, without some sort of serious intervention the second amendment has maybe two more generations before enough constitutional erosion happens through our school systems, teachers, media, etc to turn our country into another australia. Yelling at people, calling them sissies etc isn't going to fix this, it's only going to make it worse and marching a bunch of tacticool folks with rifles on their neck on the steps of city hall is no different than gay pride event people trying to convince people that they are just regular folks by riding a bike through central park in their underwear and a rainbow wig ...... it doesn't turn people to your movement, it turns people AWAY from your movement.... and if you want to turn lib anti-gunners into friends you have to target their friends who are on the fence with propaganda and any groups that typically fall within their voting segment are a must have.

I have a simple idea. Get your antifa, BLM, rainbow , trans flag and show up fully armed and throw glitter and say you are pro 2a while riding a unicorn. You will be Times man/ woman of the year. They will love you and hand out .22 .

We can't just stand around, do nothing and expect the situation to get better and we can't just say join the NRA either. There are nearly a hundred million gun owners in this country and there are only 6 million NRA members ..... we have to have a movement with a wider spread appeal than the typical NRA event to get those other 94 million gun owners to think the way that we do, and the best way to do that is inclusion .... we all like guns, we all think the constitution is important .... lets meet in the middle where we agree rather than drawing attention to where we are different.

I don't think rallies and/or protesting in crowds in order to get positive media coverage is going to offer much payoff for the pro-2A cause.

Also, people tend to focus on national level organizations and completely ignore state and local organizations where you have the most chance of seeing some effect.

Maybe you could attend this event:

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/convention/

So, I was a little disappointed watching the news yesterday seeing the turnout of these sad 2A rallies across the country and it occurred to me that we need to have a real and well planned, well publicized event that is organized properly. Somewhere around Atlanta, we could set an example, and a tone for the rest of the country. So it occurs to me that a few things have to change if you want widespread appeal for an event like this from people who are supporters of our cause but who aren't necessarily fanatics. I'm going to list a few ideas that I have but the whole point of this post is just brainstorming, how would you do it better?

-We can't alienate people in general, and by this I mean that most 2a supporters are not hardcore activists and most of them aren't comfortable with an event that is mostly tacticool posers covered in chest rigs with rifles dangling from their chest ... We don't need this, we aren't trying to change the culture with an event like this we are trying to have a show of support for 2A, in general. Most people that support the second amendment aren't "when you pry it from my cold dead hands" type and by pushing that kind of a message you pretty much guarantee that your core demographic isn't going to show up.

-We have to market the heck out of it. We would have to start by getting stickies on the forums here, maybe other local forums like ga outdoor news, ga packing and get gacarry to spam their mailing lists about it, contact the NRA, ask them for support in planning an event and for marketing help .... contact all of our local gun shops, give them flyers to post etc well in advance. Contact gun clubs that are local, have them spam their memberships about it....

-Select a non confrontational location. We don't want to march on city hall here, the best case scenario is that we choose a location that is at least already semi-friendly or completely neutral ..... Maybe we find a large outdoor gun club close to the city or something? Who knows ...

-Obviously we need to reach out to tap the gun friendly media types like hickock45, colin noir, etc and get them to plug it as well, as often as they can until it happens. See how many of these people that are reasonable and that gun folks tend to look up to or go to for advice might be willing to come and speak at an event like this ....

-Include as many wildly different groups of people that all like guns as possible ... make sure that all of these groups that the libs tend to focus on are represented .... for instance, there is a chapter of the pink pistols in Atlanta

I would love to see a real, vibrant event that is peaceful, fun for the whole family and draws a large crowd rather than these tiny little rallies that look like a bunch of fanatics sitting around the city hall steps.
A better way to get a useful version of what you're asking for is to find a date specifically associated with the 2nd, and annual rallies, etc. then. That way people & organizations could plan better and it grow every year.

Back
Top Bottom