• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

poly taurus 85

Sounds like you had to send a lot back. What does that tell us...
Not near as many as diamondback and Kimber and Smith.

Sounds to me like you don’t like them and think everyone should share your opinion.
Hell like what you like but don’t belittle the people that choose them based on their finances or personal preferences.

Taurus is a very old company.
When the Judge first came out the demand was very high and were pushed out way too fast.
Other revolvers suffered the same fate and the Taurus reputation suffered as well.
Their autos are their worst product, but one of the 24-7 series was actually tested by the military for use. Only a few manufactures can say that. I don’t like the triggers in any of their bigger autos. But they work. QC isn’t as good as the high end stuff hence more returns, but for the price that’s expected. Hell I had the most problems out of Kimber, we didn’t sell them and CS wouldn’t talk to us in the customers behalf, and the customers told us Kimbers answer was run X amount of ammo through the gun and get back with us. Hell how can you run ammo thru a gun that won’t cycle?
I’m not saying they are the best, just that with a little patience they can be a dependable option for self defense.

Man you dont want to get me started on the kimber rant. I have my own cs horror story from kimber. I require a lot out of a firearm due to the sheer volume of rounds i put down range.

I stand by my statement that i would not recommend a Taurus. That is based on first hand experience and direct knowledge of others. Why waste hard earned dollars on an inferior product. A ruger may cost twice as much but you get twice the gun and superior cs.

Not near as many as diamondback and Kimber and Smith.

Sounds to me like you don’t like them and think everyone should share your opinion.
Hell like what you like but don’t belittle the people that choose them based on their finances or personal preferences.

I hope i haven't belittled anyone. And if everyone shares my opinion Ruger and Smith would cost me more. I stated several times keep buying Taurus if you like.

Man you dont want to get me started on the kimber rant. I have my own cs horror story from kimber. I require a lot out of a firearm due to the sheer volume of rounds i put down range.

I stand by my statement that i would not recommend a Taurus. That is based on first hand experience and direct knowledge of others. Why waste hard earned dollars on an inferior product. A ruger may cost twice as much but you get twice the gun and superior cs.
OK not quite asleep. LOL

Yeah I hear ya, I would recommend Taurus revolvers to someone not as “in” to guns as we, or someone that couldn’t afford a more expensive one. Although I’ve been contemplating an 8shot .357 to try before spending $800+ for the Ruger. (Ruger makes the best revolver but I don’t like their autos)
TCP I recommend whole heartedly for anyone wanting a deep conceal gun. Best mouse gun on the market.

For plinking and just having fun?

Just to be clear you said "more than a few"

good luck and have a safe trip home.
LOL I see how that could have been confusing. I was talking about folks staying to reach CS, usually for parts or such.

I’m Sounding grumpy sorry, not really an excuse but I’ve fought pre holiday traffic all day and not relishing the 8.5 hours (I’m sure more) tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom