• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Post up your reviews - Favorite BBQ restaurant?

What type of BBQ is best?

• Chicken

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Pulled/chopped pork

Votes: 58 41.1%
  • Pork ribs

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Beef ribs

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • BBQ beef

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • BBQ Tacos

• I’m a vegan save the animals

• BBQ brisket

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters
After Heiroom I went to Roswell to check out Spiced Right Ribhouse on Atlanta Street. It wasn’t on my original list, but there ain’t a lot of places in Roswell and I was going to catch up with an old friend. The reviews seemed good so I decided to try it.
25990582-6C61-436E-8BD2-BFF933FC9F4A.jpeg
I’m beginning to think I made an error going to all these ‘Ribhouses’ and getting pulled pork. Should I be getting their specialty? Sorta like to going to Ruth’s Chris and getting Tuna.

They have several tables set up outside in the parking lot as well as inside dining. Beer is served, too. Looks like a family operation as 2 school aged teenagers were working the counter. They were very polite, and did a great job. They even came around the parking lot offering refills and bussing tables in the down time.

Spiced Right does breakfast, catering, lunch, and dinner.
image.jpg image.jpg
While waiting on my buddy and his old lady to show I was chatting with the owner/manager/house mom. She said they’re known for their brisket, the ribs are seriously good, and the fried okra. I wasn’t getting any of those, but want to come back later the try the meats. Ordered pulled pork sandwich, collards, and stew (my friends got the ribs and brisket. I tried a rib: it was ****ing good)

After we ordered it took about 3 minutes to get food delivered to our table. It was nicely portioned, cleanly presented, and came with everything you needed. None of the: ‘there’s your fork and napkins go get them’ laziness.

Collards: damn good. Smoky deliciously pork fatty goodness coated every bite. You could see it floating on top. It doubled as chap stick. Not cooked to death, just a hint of salt. Worth the drive.
Brunswick stew: best I’ve had this week. Corn, fresh cut tomatoes, and pulled pork. They even leave some of the outside meat in the stew. It adds a wonderful texture.
5E430ED5-FD18-4A1A-B184-ED1D6449375F.jpeg 26877D0F-157A-443A-9987-3D177266CEBF.jpeg
Sandwich: the sesame bun comes from a local bakery. Buttered and griddled for service. Portion is generous. The meat is fantastic. Pulled. Smoked perfectly, juicy, inside/outside meat. A little rub before cooking and sauced just at the end so it caramelizes a little (the owner told me this). Deep pink rings on the meat. Crunchy bark. And....pickles.

6F0EB618-4769-46E2-9FF5-1837CB7B521C.jpeg
EFD8BE2A-F640-4D97-AF68-A5C3BA908D48.jpeg
AB3E8399-AFDC-42FF-891C-0443EC686339.jpeg

They have 2 sauces: #3 and hot. The hot is hot but not too hot. Anyone should be able to enjoy it. The #3 sauce is sweeter with a bit of smoke and black pepper. Very very good sauce. The meat was so good it didn’t really need any.
60123AFB-9EDB-417B-9830-4A693717F496.jpeg
All in all this is the best place I’ve been to this week. I’mma go back for more as soon as I can.

(BTW, my friend is from Texas, so spent the whole meal telling me about Texas BBQ. She rated the ribs at Heirloom a ‘9’.)

If something happens this weekend and you can’t get to Jim’s in Blairsville, go to Carroll’s BBQ in Blue Ridge, just 10-15 mins from the Pink Pig in Cherry Log/Ellijay. Carroll’s has really good pulled pork and Brunswick stew.

If something happens this weekend and you can’t get to Jim’s in Blairsville, go to Carroll’s BBQ in Blue Ridge, just 10-15 mins from the Pink Pig in Cherry Log/Ellijay. Carroll’s has really good pulled pork and Brunswick stew.
I’m thinking Saturday: Big Uns, Pink Pig, Jim’s.

I’m thinking Saturday: Big Uns, Pink Pig, Jim’s.

Big'Uns is one of my favorites. If I'm meeting with a client anywhere near Talking Rock I'll stop and eat. Their smoked sausage is really good.

Carroll's is another favorite. The wife's family lives in Blue Ridge, and we eat there at least once a month. The ribs and brisket...

Jim's is really good, too. Always a good crowd there. Ribs are great.

The Pink Pig is probably my least favorite, unless they have really improved in the last few years.

https://www.bigunsbbq.com/menu

Jasper, GA on 515N
Try their redneck lasagna its mac & cheese topped with brunswick stew. You wont regret the drive.

In cornelia there is “wolf creek bbq” the restaurant burnt down a couple months ago but they will reopen soon not far from the old one keep an eye on their facebook for updates on that. They have awesome pulled pork & fried pickles, fried bell peppers, fried jalapeños, and fried mac/cheese bites for sides

Back
Top Bottom