• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers for my daughter

She has epilepsy and it affects every aspect of her life. She takes meds daily. She was called into her supervisors office for not disclosing it and the symptoms she suffers from. Her supervisor told her epilepsy wasn't a real illness and she should be thankful she didn't have diabetes instead like the supervisors son and was then fired.
If you could take a moment and pray for her she needs it and thank you
National Labor Relations Board - Call them

Praying for daughter.

And, I agree that she should talk to a lawyer or just go down to the Atlanta office of the EEOC and file a complaint.

If it's a really excellent discrimination case in violation of federal law passed by Congress * the EEOC may get involved on her behalf. If not they'll do a brief investigation anyway and then hand her a "right to sue letter" which means that she has 90 days to find a lawyer to file a a civil lawsuit in federal district court.

If you go to the EEOC office and look down the hall to the left of the receptionist's desk, you might see my name on a plaque up on the wall, along with the names of a few other interns who worked there part time during our third year of law school.

PS: Georgia's status as a state that follows the "employment at will" doctrine doesn't matter when Congress has passed a law that it is authorized to pass under the Constitution of the United States.

Then, the "supremacy clause" of the constitution kicks in and says this cause of action is valid in all states everywhere.

And... The state of Georgia actually does have some of its own anti-discrimination laws regarding private employers, but generally speaking an employee does not have as many rights or as many helpful available remedies compared to federal law.

See O.C.G.A. (Georgia Code)
Title 34 - Labor and Industrial Relations​

Chapter 6A - Equal Employment for Persons With Disabilities​

§ 34-6A-4. Prohibited Discriminatory Activities​

hands.jpg

Back
Top Bottom