• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pre-ban?

Try buying a new Chicom AK,ahhh you can't.Therefore the only ones out there are pre-ban's ;).Also some states still have AWB's and can ONLY own pre "94 AW type guns.That makes them worth much more to people in those states!

How often is 922r compliant checked? I thought it wss mostly for importers
Trying to get away with something is still illegal. For example you can do anything with a Pre ban Norinco 56s. Everything else has to be 922r compliant. You ever wonder why Arsenals come with a five round plastic american made magazine? Because it is illegal to put a metal milsurp magazine in it.

Try buying a new Chicom AK,ahhh you can't.Therefore the only ones out there are pre-ban's ;).Also some states still have AWB's and can ONLY own pre "94 AW type guns.That makes them worth much more to people in those states!
norincos were.specifically banned by the clinton admin

They banned them because they sold surface to air missles to some folks we didntlike (yet clinton gave the commies our MIRV tech)

I think, not entirely

How often is 922r compliant checked? I thought it wss mostly for importers

The fact that the ATF isn't running around checking to see if they are 922r compliant doesn't make it any less illegal. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that the 922r charge is used to pile on charges when someone is arrested for other reasons.

most adds I see are for pre-ban ar15's.

These items may have a higher value in other states, example CA, where the ban still is in effect and these items may be grandfathered in. Im not familiar with those particular state laws though
Then there is that as well.

Trying to get away with something is still illegal. For example you can do anything with a Pre ban Norinco 56s. Everything else has to be 922r compliant. You ever wonder why Arsenals come with a five round plastic american made magazine? Because it is illegal to put a metal milsurp magazine in it.

I know the importers do this, as they need x amount of american made parts ( what if they shipped it with no mag, would they be short of 922r?)

Silly laws, but yes still illegal i guess

norincos were.specifically banned by the clinton admin

They banned them because they sold surface to air missles to some folks we didntlike (yet clinton gave the commies our MIRV tech)

I think, not entirely
Wrong again. Bush banned them in 89.

Name of firearmPreban federal legal status
Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (AKs) (all models)Imports banned in 1989*
Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and GalilImports banned in 1989*
Beretta AR-70 (SC-70)Imports banned in 1989*
Colt AR-15Legal
Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN-LAR, FNCImports banned in 1989*
SWD (MAC type) M-10, M-11, M11/9, M12Legal
Steyr AUGImports banned in 1989*
INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22Legal
Revolving cylinder shotguns such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12Legal
Bush's 1989 ban was on the importation of foreign-made, semiautomatic assault rifles deemed not to have "a legitimate sporting use." It did not affect similar but domestically manufactured rifles

The fact that the ATF isn't running around checking to see if they are 922r compliant doesn't make it any less illegal. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that the 922r charge is used to pile on charges when someone is arrested for other reasons.
Right, so 922r does extend to the end user as well

I know the importers do this, as they need x amount of american made parts ( what if they shipped it with no mag, would they be short of 922r?)

Silly laws, but yes still illegal i guess

Yeah, you need at least 10 of the following list of 20:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings

(2) Barrels

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)

(5) Muzzle attachments

(6) Bolts

(7) Bolt carriers

(8) Operating rods

(9) Gas pistons

(10) Trigger housings

(11) Triggers

(12) Hammers

(13) Sears

(14) Disconnectors

(15) Butt stocks

(16) Pistol grips

(17) Forearms, hand guards

(18) Magazine bodies

(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

Wrong again. Bush banned them in 89.

Name of firearmPreban federal legal status
Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (AKs) (all models)Imports banned in 1989*
Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and GalilImports banned in 1989*
Beretta AR-70 (SC-70)Imports banned in 1989*
Colt AR-15Legal
Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN-LAR, FNCImports banned in 1989*
SWD (MAC type) M-10, M-11, M11/9, M12Legal
Steyr AUGImports banned in 1989*
INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22Legal
Revolving cylinder shotguns such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12Legal
Bush's 1989 ban was on the importation of foreign-made, semiautomatic assault rifles deemed not to have "a legitimate sporting use." It did not affect similar but domestically manufactured rifles
that says kalashnikovs,

So why we no see norinco sks, 1911s, etc.

Looks like the ban im referring to was in 1993, then bush jr. Extended it un 03

****ers

Back
Top Bottom