• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pre-ban?

Trying to get away with something is still illegal. For example you can do anything with a Pre ban Norinco 56s. Everything else has to be 922r compliant. You ever wonder why Arsenals come with a five round plastic american made magazine? Because it is illegal to put a metal milsurp magazine in it.

What Arsenal AK is only 922r compliant with a us magazine? I have owned three (1 SLR-107 and 2 SLR-1006s) and they all were 922r compliant without using magazine parts.

What Arsenal AK is only 922r compliant with a us magazine? I have owned three (1 SLR-107 and 2 SLR-1006s) and they all were 922r compliant without using magazine parts.
All of them criminal.;) Are you sure about that?

Trying to get away with something is still illegal. For example you can do anything with a Pre ban Norinco 56s. Everything else has to be 922r compliant. You ever wonder why Arsenals come with a five round plastic american made magazine? Because it is illegal to put a metal milsurp magazine in it.

I guess we will know when the ATF wants to go after the non- 922r compliant AK's on this sight... There are a ton of them.

100%, not a single one used more that 10 imported parts. Arsenals come with U.S. Hammer, Trigger, Disconnector, Stock, Pistol Grip, Forearm. Some of the 7.62s additionally come with a U.S. made type 74 muzzle brake.

It applies to anyone "assembling" the firearm. However, since the magazine is considered 3 "parts" of the gun, inserting the magazine into the gun is assembling it.

That hurts my face

By that definition if i change my oil filter or even add a gas cap to my truck, im assembling it

Yeah, you need at least 10 of the following list of 20:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings

(2) Barrels

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)

(5) Muzzle attachments

(6) Bolts

(7) Bolt carriers

(8) Operating rods

(9) Gas pistons

(10) Trigger housings

(11) Triggers

(12) Hammers

(13) Sears

(14) Disconnectors

(15) Butt stocks

(16) Pistol grips

(17) Forearms, hand guards

(18) Magazine bodies

(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

That's almost right. A weapon cant have MORE THAN 10 of those parts that are imported.

"922(r)
18 U.S.C. 922(r), imposed in 1990, prohibits "assembling from imported parts any semi-automatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation." BATFE`s regulation [178.39, Commerce in Firearms] prohibits using more than 10 "imported parts," from a list of 20 parts, such as trigger, hammer, barrel, etc. (BATF had proposed prohibiting using more than two imported parts.) The provision was adopted to prohibit restoring modified rifles to pre-law configuration after importation.

For further information please read Section 922(r), Title 18, Assembly of nonsporting semiautomatic rifles and shotguns in the Federal Firearms Regulation Reference Guide."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom