• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pre-ban?

I have been a leo for 22 years, have friends that are retired federal agents, and one who is an active ATF Agent. If he showed up on my porch tonight and wanted to talk about anything gun related in an "official capacity", I would say "go away". It's that simple. He wouldn't thought, he, like most of us, doesn't care to police 24/7.

Always a good idea to never invite "The Man" into one's life though.

I think instead of police, you meant, kill dogs and lock up minorities. .. I forgive you

I think instead of police, you meant, kill dogs and lock up minorities. .. I forgive you
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_15_dd57ce8144729ff98511161c8f1f76fb.jpg

Preban I don't care about.

922r was explained to me by an ATF agent a few years ago.
Don't worry about it, the only way you are going to get in trouble for it is if you do something crazy like go on a shooting spree, then they will tack on every little thing possible to extend your sentencing. Otherwise no one cares.

Preban I don't care about.

922r was explained to me by an ATF agent a few years ago.
Don't worry about it, the only way you are going to get in trouble for it is if you do something crazy like go on a shooting spree, then they will tack on every little thing possible to extend your sentencing. Otherwise no one cares.

Most LEOs, hell even gun people, could not look at a gun and tell if it is 922R compliant and they really have no appetite to prosecute under the statute. It's one of those things they don't care about until they do.

LEOs and lawyers can correct my scenario but here is goes:

Over a 24 month period Joe buys a couple dozen lowers and BATFE does an audit at his favorite gun store. Agents show up on Joe's front step wanting to talk guns and Joe does the smart thing by telling them to contact his attorney. An enterprising agent goes out and looks at Joe's online activity "just to make sure" he is not running firearms business without a license when he runs across Joe's listing for a non-compliant import. The agent runs this by a judge and get a warrant to search Joe's house for 922R violations.

In that scenario, BATFE doesn't need to prosecute Joe to turn his life upside down.

In all fairness 922r is so incredibly vague that any decent lawyer could get you off with little effort. With the exception of maybe the receiver and maybe the barrel, none of the parts listed have the place of manufacture listed.

Preban use to mean something when states like NY allowed for grandfathered guns, I don't believe there any grandfather states anymore though.

Massachusetts still allows pre-ban "high cap" mags. Old Glock Mags are worth their weight in blow in Mass.

Back
Top Bottom