• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Probable cause when a firearm is in the car

Not a problem as there is no registering guns in your name in GA, the only issue is if the gun was reported stolen in the past. Try to avoid having them run the numbers in the first place. If they don't ask don't tell.

They shouldn't as it's perfectly legal to have a firearm in your vehicle so long as you are able to legally purchase one.

Unless you are going to carry it, it would be unnecessary to get one.

Unneccessary yes, but a wise thing to have anyways. :usa:

I got pulled over once for a seatbelt and gad just got back from turkey hunting so i had my 28in 870 12ga propped up in the seat beside me (single cab truck). Officer came to my window, seen the gun and asked if it was loaded. I said no (still in full camo mind you) said i just got done hunting and was heading home. He asked me to step out and asked to clear it which i said he could (i know longs guns are by law suppossed to be carried with an open chamber unless its in the trunk or a locked case), pumps it back and checks for shells (always take my shells out when i get to the truck from the woods). Puts it back and gets my info. Didnt try to run the numbers or anything just wanted to clear it. Good thing i had my windows down or i wouldve gotten a tint ticket to! lol.

Wrong.

Back
Top Bottom