• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA: B&B charcoal SUCKS.

Man, share your secrets Obi Wan. I use a charcoal chimney and this stuff is like trying to light water balloons.
This is my starter, works like a champ!!

1694306942626.jpeg

The trouble with charcoal making is that it's messy. And the bulk of the resulting charcoal will be smallish pieces that aren't great for the grill. That's not a reason to not do it of course, but you might find the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

The trouble with charcoal making is that it's messy. And the bulk of the resulting charcoal will be smallish pieces that aren't great for the grill. That's not a reason to not do it of course, but you might find the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Watched a couple of videos. Doesn't look messy. Just a covered metal bucket with a hole for outgassing.

I'm often processing firewood and burning brush piles. Figure I would take some oak scraps, put 'em in a bucket with a cover, and stick it in a burn pile. Just a byproduct of something I'm already doing.

This junk is the Joe Biden of charcoal. I heard a few folks talk it up so I tried it, but it’s just pure trash. Sucks so bad it’s about to make me go full tranny and get a gas grill like all the other ladies around here have.
I went propane, a couple of years ago. Seems like I have less time to do all the ritual involved. Thirty minutes prep to cook a steak in five.

I went propane, a couple of years ago. Seems like I have less time to do all the ritual involved. Thirty minutes prep to cook a steak in five.

That takes all the fun out of it for me. I like the chair time I have around the grill. It's about the only downtime I have it seems.

Back
Top Bottom