Pump Yourself up by posting a gun for sale

LordPorter_1

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
Man is it just me or does it get old trying to buy/trade guns from some of the sellers on ODT, I mean you offer within $25 of asking price, most of them are listed OBO, or you offer a gun in their trade list and most don't even respond -when they do it is usually yours isn't worth anything and theirs is only been shot "100" times and is like new in the box (which is used to most of us AKA NOT NEW IN THE BOX). I see in the quick replies people are building them up about how nice of a gun it is and the sellers are responding "Oh Thanks, Had her a long time" or "yeah its my baby" then in some they go full chat room and start talking about each others crap and blah blah blah, I thought we were buying, selling trading guns here. Starting to notice maybe a little of this might be guys wanting to show off and brag about what they have and not so much on here for selling or trading. I see a lot of "well I don't have to get rid of it just seeing what the market is like" Well go to Budsgunshop.com and educate yourself on what your item costs new. I see tons of guns that have 500 rounds through them with an extra mag, $20 holster, some carry wear and they want $50 more then what they are selling for new. WOW! The gun rush has brought too many from the general public to my favorite gun site! Might as well start back to the local Atlanta Gun shows so I can be muzzle swept and hear people talk about arming their wife and kids because the Zombies are roaming the streets near the CDC.

Hey, at least we got a new term here LUIB "LIKE USED IN BOX"

Yeah, I felt the exact same way after 6 transactions too.

s2.quickmeme.com_img_ff_ffdad5a0a1930a92746d90570f246b526eb6e6eb083cc245aeaf9aeb16a39f9e.jpg

You know, I just don't worry about it all, personally. I have a gun on here listed for trade or sale. I've had people offer me a straight up trade on a gun that costs significantly less than the one I have brand new. I just respectfully decline. If I have something listed for a price and someone offers me within $25 of it, I usually accept especially if I have OBO stated. I just won't trade my gun 1:1 when the gun offered me is $150 less than mine (and I'm speaking in terms of what they both cost brand new).

You'd better re-think your inclination to head back to local gun shows. ODT will always be > gun shows. There are great deals on here, and there are folks trying to sell used guns for retail. It's just a cross section of what you will find anywhere, and still the best site for buying, selling, trading and *****ing that I've found.

You have to be patient, and be ready to send a pm quickly if you see something you like. There are a lot of gun savvy folks on here, and the deals don't last.

The best way to enjoy buying, selling and trading is to not sweat a few bucks. Above all, I'm a gun lover not a lover of $50 I could have saved. If you see something you want, just buy it. What's $25-50 for someone gainfully employed?

Back
Top Bottom