Question about moving and what to do with suppressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon-d

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
534   3
Reaction score
So plans change and things happen so more than likely will be moving to an unfriendly state (yeah yeah, I know but its happening.)

I have an Octane 9HD that I cannot take with me. SOOOOO.....what do I do with it? I dont have any family members I can leave it with so that's out of the question.

Question is also complicated by the long transfer times if I decided to sell it. Can I leave it with a dealer given that (more than likely) by return transfer time I will be out of state? Consign it, sell it to a dealer (that would probably be a donation given the transfer fees), any other ideas?

This is not an immediate move that will happen tomorrow but its on the horizon.

Just looking for some opinions on what to do and figured this is the place to ask.

Man thats a great can. I wish your dilemma involved a rifle can.

Call Quiet Riot Firearms and see if they can consign it for you. Let us know what you end up doing.

I like the $10 a year safe box idea. WORST case I am out under 1k and by that point I will have returned or it will be someone else's problem.

I am going to do some more diggin and get some pricing for storage. I am going to assume I dont have to disclose the storage contents?

I would make someone an INCREDIBLE deal on it. With that said though and thinking out loud, we could do the paperwork now, I could store it, and then provide said person with storage key once stamp clears? Or would it be better to pay a dealer to handle this and just not worry about it?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

I am going to give QRF a call next week and get a professional opinion. They have got to be one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Is it in a trust? If so, no need to sell it. Check with the lawyer that drew up the trust, he can fill you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom