• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about out of state.

As a buyer I don’t care where the seller lives, or if he even has a carry permit.

A buyers obligation is to meet in Georgia (or their current state of residence), be 18 years or older and be legally allowed to own firearms... that is i

Wrong. If you knowingly bought a gun from an out of state resident,

you'd at least be a party to the seller's crime.

And maybe a co-conspirator .

probably right. I was more concerned about him getting people in trouble unwittingly. I doubt id ever call any 3 letter anything, was just curious. seems like this dude has probably sold a lot of pistols in GA. or maybe he is just ignorant. should get moved to the pasture soon;)

Personally i think you did right. And i am against and hate any BOS, paperwork trail, id checks, etc., ..... but that does not say that you should not do your due diligence to satisfy curiosity if something makes you suspicious. In this case the SC ad in another thread of his.

You handled it correctly, just move on . My .02

Nah, he was probably a scofflaw who didn't really know the law, and once you told him about it, didn't care. He'll move on and try to find another person who is ignorant or criminally willing to deal with him.

That's why God invented flea markets, so the simple minded wouldn't get confused by all these technicalities.

Wrong. If you knowingly bought a gun from an out of state resident,

you'd at least be a party to the seller's crime.

And maybe a co-conspirator .

You sure? I mean the government is really understanding when people simply didn't know they were doing something wrong........

I mean the nice ATF agent that asked about all the solvent traps I bought on Amazon was super polite and my gun barrels have never been cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom