• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question for fanboys and mall ninjas

As a owner of several pythons over the years I will say outside of their beauty are absolutely not worth the price.

For shooting I would rather have any Smith or Glock for that matter over a python.

Same here. I have never liked the Python, or Colt revolvers in general. I like their 1911's and AR's, but not their wheelies.

One name... Jackson Pollack. This sold in May 2006 for $140 million. It's drizzled paint on a cloth canvas.

View attachment 1963919

Modern art, and particularly American art, is crap. Believe it or not, it is in the communist playbook to degrade our art. It's true. The best artists are ignored while the worst are praised. It is by design.

Modern art, and particularly American art, is crap. Believe it or not, it is in the communist playbook to degrade our art. It's true. The best artists are ignored while the worst are praised. It is by design.
I didn't take you for a conspiracy theorist. :lol:

My kids love shooting my AR's and my Mod 94 and my M1a and my Browning Citori and Rem 870 and SIG P228 and SIG P365 and Browning Buckmark and G42, and etc, I get tired of typing.

Trust me - if I ever die my kids will consider these heirlooms!
My kids have gotten bored with shooting AR's, they grab the lever gun first. They love to shoot the Marlin 30-30 and I can't say I blame them I love shooting them to.

Hey man no need to get butthurt. I don’t hate any kind of firearm. I just asked an honest question of the fanboys and mall ninja AR assemblers. It’s easy to see why a guy in 1950 would wanna keep his dads Colt SAA. But what about today’s everyday carry forearms? Do guys today feel the same way about theirs?
Mall ninja AR assemblers. Watch how you use that phrase buddy!:boink:

I think future generations of gun owners will mostly want the classic good-looking ones over the tactical fantastic plastic.
That’s where the money is, for collectors’ value.

But, if I had a choice between owning a great-grandfather’s safe queen that he saved but rarely used, and the utility-grade rather ugly but practical gun he carried often and shot many rounds thru, I’d choose the one HE used more. I would prize that family history more than dollar value in a Blue book.
I agree, I value my 40 year old Remingtons over my AR's. AR's are fun to build and toy with but nothing can replace blued steel and a high gloss stock. I just can't get enough of those. I am going to start looking for some old Weatherby's in some wildcat calibers now. Those really appealed to me when I was younger like the 460 Wildcat. I think guns like those and some of my 1911's will stand the test of time.

I don't consider any gun that was designed less than 20 years ago an heirloom unless it's tied to some historical event. I doubt the Glock will ever reach heirloom status beyond "It was my daddy's gun" and that type of heirloom could be any gun, not matter the value, Glock included.
I'm pretty much with this thought. I've actually considered the OP's question when thinking of any new/future gun purchase. Do I want to buy a "plastic" gun or something more solid that I could hand down one day? On one hand from the "heirloom" thought, that typically would involve an investment in something that I won't carry and shoot very little simply for the purpose of "handing it down"-and does that really make it "heirloom"? On the other hand, if you hand down a gun that you carried every day, or hunted with every season or was your go to gun in whatever capacity, has the wear to show it and your child knows that gun from seeing you with it all the time-the memories and sentimental value is more heirloom that something that's just steel/wood and pretty.

What guns, I trade lizards, puppies and ED meds on here,
trump wink.gif

All the firearms I own are something that someone, somewhere, would want to have. Ain’t that true of all firearms?

I’ve got everything from antiques, S&W revolvers, and Colt Single Action Army’s, to Class III’s, AR’s, and Sniper rifles.

Regardless of whether or not they want them, every firearm I own will be passed on to my heirs when I die. What else would happen to them? Since everything I own, firearm or not, will go to my hairs when I die, that makes everything I own an “heirloom”.
Don't forget to put me on that list. I for one can really appreciate guns owned by someone like you. You know your getting the real deal in each and every one. I am not selling myself short but I do value fellow enthusiast gun owners and builders.

Back
Top Bottom