• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question for fanboys and mall ninjas

Why are so many people concerned about what guns other people like?

Obverse_of_the_series_2009_$100_Federal_Reserve_Note.jpg

I am not into guns as heirlooms. They are tools that serve a roll to protect. Sure i’d Leave a glock for my kids if they want “dads glock.” I have no interest in safe queens and guns to look at and say isn’t it pretty, but don’t touch it. It’s something carried, trained with, and serves a specific roll, keep me and mine out of trouble/harm. I will leave this here...

I have my dads guns, my step fathers guns, my grandfathers guns, plus a bunch I have picked up over the years.

I have a python and various other colt snake guns, a bunch of Smith wheel guns, more 1911s than many gun stores, collectible hunting rifles, preban Chinese AKs, old Colt ARs, and one Glock.

Guess which gun I put on and trust to defend my life and the lives of my loved ones every day.

As far as passing down, my son will get them all one day. I would imagine he will cherish daddies Glock more than the rest the same way I cherish daddies old ugly beat up colt officers model series 80 that he carried every day more than I do daddies nickel python or daddies kimber collection that lived in the back of daddies safe.

All the firearms I own are something that someone, somewhere, would want to have. Ain’t that true of all firearms?

I’ve got everything from antiques, S&W revolvers, and Colt Single Action Army’s, to Class III’s, AR’s, and Sniper rifles.

Regardless of whether or not they want them, every firearm I own will be passed on to my heirs when I die. What else would happen to them? Since everything I own, firearm or not, will go to my hairs when I die, that makes everything I own an “heirloom”.

Why are all the "I never owned, I would Never Own, I tried to love, Just can't get used to the grip, They have no soul" boys so obsessed with Glocks they start these type threads almost daily? All the while the elusive "fan boys" seem to be hanging with Sasquatch and rarely starting the "I love my Glock" threads the former long for. It's a bit of a mystery to me. :confused2:

They don’t exist. I’ve been around guns my whole life and have never met a “Glock fan boy.”

Sure, if asked my opinion I will recommend a Glock most times because I believe them to be the best fighting pistol on the market for multiple reasons. That doesn’t make me a “fan boy”, it just means that in my opinion many times they are the best tool for the job.

That said my wife’s gun is a model 36 smith. My mom carries a LCP I bought for her as does my father in law.

Heck, I’ve given at least 4 people LCPs over the years.

Well damn near everything I own is NFA. They’re getting it all whether they want it or not, I’m sure they will.

The non NFA are mostly AKMs built right so they should last a few good generations of use.

Or Smith fanatics.

Or any so called "heirloom", antique, collectible...

The fact that some Glock gen 1's are fetching $6k-$7k is undeniable proof that collectible anything, heirloom anything, is in the eye of the individual.

3-4 Pythons can be had for the price of one rare Glock.

The fact that some Glock gen 1's are fetching $6k-$7k is undeniable proof that collectible anything, heirloom anything, is in the eye of the individual.

As a owner of several pythons over the years I will say outside of their beauty are absolutely not worth the price.

For shooting I would rather have any Smith or Glock for that matter over a python.

Reactions: MRH

One name... Jackson Pollack. This sold in May 2006 for $140 million. It's drizzled paint on a cloth canvas. What defines worth?

No._5,_1948.jpg

Back
Top Bottom