• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs and advocates

You can't. Advocates will always consider anyone who tries to stand up to the law an idiot, or douchebag. My problem with cops is which of them do you trust? I have seen with my own eyes, cops off duty at clubs rolling on X, smoking pot, taking bribes from bars, drinking and driving, and blocking roads off of Fulton Industrial for drag racing. I've seen so many bad ones I just don't trust any of them, except for a few of them I know personally are good.

Dude is pretty cool to us...lol

By nature, I want to comply because I was raised right and the police man is the good guy.

Thats just your opinion of yourself. Terrorist think they are raised right when they set off to kill whitey.

I have had run ins with the police. Half my family are or were police officers. Police and other "authorities" have a tendency to abuse power. Its just the way it is. Police beating the hell out of suspects when no eyes or cameras are on them, I had an IA state trooper pull me over for going the same exact speed as me, he got pissed when I asked if it was in his authority to pull me over, he threatened to write me a super speeder ticket and I told him I doubted he had a ticket book, he then tells me "have a nice day" this was an internal affairs office, no uniform, no government plate and he didnt want me to see his badge for more than 2 seconds. On the other hand I have been hauling ass and been pulled over and just received warnings.

I know two cops personally (not friends I just know them) in Dekalb county that cheat on their wives, hang out in strip clubs around illegal drugs and misuse government property.

Thats just your opinion of yourself. Terrorist think they are raised right when they set off to kill whitey.

I have had run ins with the police. Half my family are or were police officers. Police and other "authorities" have a tendency to abuse power. Its just the way it is. Police beating the hell out of suspects when no eyes or cameras are on them, I had an IA state trooper pull me over for going the same exact speed as me, he got pissed when I asked if it was in his authority to pull me over, he threatened to write me a super speeder ticket and I told him I doubted he had a ticket book, he then tells me "have a nice day" this was an internal affairs office, no uniform, no government plate and he didnt want me to see his badge for more than 2 seconds. On the other hand I have been hauling ass and been pulled over and just received warnings.

I know two cops personally (not friends I just know them) in Dekalb county that cheat on their wives, hang out in strip clubs around illegal drugs and misuse government property.
report their ass to the local media, they are always looking to ruin someones day

Last edited:
And for every example you made, there are plenty of examples of cops abusing their authority or breaking the law. Police are humans, humans make mistakes

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...ty-resigns-after-fleeing-DUI-patrol-car-wreck

which example you listed above does this officer fit in?

You should probably read my long winded post one more time so you understand it. The examples I made are the standard. Your example is the exception. (Ex)cops committing crimes and losing their jobs over it has ZERO to do with the fact that police are constantly criticized for wrong doing where there is none. For every cop arrested for DUI there are thousands doing their jobs faithfully and honestly. But people aren't interested in that. They relish articles like the one you posted because they take some sort of pleasure from seeing people in authority screw up, as if it somehow validates their dislike of police. Then they post on forums about "cops they know" or "things they've seen cops do" but people with common sense know its a mixture of BS and half truths and hearsay just trying to reinforce their anti-LEO sentiments.

You're right though, police ARE human, humans DO make mistakes. And some humans feel that it is their responsibility to incessantly point out those mistakes day in and day out while disregarding the vast bulk of honest, dedicated law enforcement professionals. Not only do they put their asses on the line day in and day out, but they also submit to the non-stop scrutiny of every loudmouthed turd in the land because "his taxes pay your salary". Until you've lived under that microscope you really can't understand. As I said, its not my job to care about that anymore. If someone has a problem with cops in general then they're either petty criminals or anti-social dickwads. It's pretty clear that your mind's made up. Anyone who thinks they can do the job better should strap on a gun and a vest and saddle up a Crown Vic. Otherwise, just smile and nod hello as the guys pass by who actually risk their lives daily for their communities.

And for every example you made, there are plenty of examples of cops abusing their authority or breaking the law. Police are humans, humans make mistakes

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...ty-resigns-after-fleeing-DUI-patrol-car-wreck

which example you listed above does this officer fit in?

If your job is to enforce the laws, you should be held to a higher standard. If you have the power, even if you don't have the technical authority, to ruin people's lives with little consequence to yourself, you should be held to a higher standard.

Cops should be the loudest voices against abuse by other cops.

Then they post on forums about "cops they know" or "things they've seen cops do" but people with common sense know its a mixture of BS and half truths and hearsay just trying to reinforce their anti-LEO sentiments.

I agree with everything you said, but this part. All I will say is Curtis.

Back
Top Bottom