• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs

captdave77

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The ODT's official HVAC guy
109   0
Reaction score
I was on Windy Hill earlier today when a saw a woman pushing a baby carriage with two other young children at her side crossing four lanes of traffic plus the turning lane in a 45 mph zone. This is not an isolated incident by any means and it is one of my pet peeves. Crosswalks are located every couple hundred yards or so in this area. I have to assume she is lazy, careless with her spawn, and lacks respect for traffic laws.

What happened to the charge of jaywalking? Is it a fiscal thing because speeders pay bigger fines and for the most part show up to court?

Wouldn't this qualify for endangerment of a child?

Last edited:
Where was it recently there was a mom charged when one of her kids was run over on a busy street, sounds like similar circumstances, but I'm a bit foggy on the details.
But yeah that is just reckless.

Did you see a patrol car around? If not the best you could do would be to call it in. If you did see a patrol car I'd say write down the plate or unit number and fill a complaint. But other than that I'd just have to say with patrol areas covering several thousand people with only a handful of officers they are most likely busy.

Did you see a patrol car around? If not the best you could do would be to call it in. If you did see a patrol car I'd say write down the plate or unit number and fill a complaint. But other than that I'd just have to say with patrol areas covering several thousand people with only a handful of officers they are most likely busy.

Two Cobb PD cars passed right by her as she stood in the "suicide" lane waiting to cross the other half of the road.

I should have put this in the OP.

Two Cobb PD cars passed right by her as she stood in the "suicide" lane waiting to cross the other half of the road.

I should have put this in the OP.

I work for the Cobb Sheriff Office. That is weird that the patrols did not do anything, thy usually bust everyone. After all, it is Count On Bein' Busted!!

I don't only see it in Cobb but that is where I saw it today. I don't think there is any enforcement on jaywalking because the violators don't seem worried.

Speeders brake, potheads hide their weed, but these folks don't seem to know it is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom