• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick question

Daniel

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   1
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about class 3 stuff. I want to make sure that I stay within the law because I don't want any trouble coming my way. I bought a spikes stripped lower and I put the lpk in and I put a stock on it. It has never had any upper on it yet. What are my options? Can I sell the stock and put a pistol stock on it and do an ar pistol now or since I have a rifle stock on it now I am limited to only a 16" upper? I may later down the road look into a sbr but right now I want to make sure I am 100% legal and within the law.. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks guys!

when you buy the lower make sure that the dealer has it listed as receiver or other on the 4473 not RIFLE!

How did you buy the lower? Technically it's still what it is designated on the 4473. Unless somehow ATF found out you've made it into a rifle.

You can still make it into a sbr, just don't put any short upper on it. If you want to enjoy your rifle, put a 16" upper on it, file your form 1 eForms and enjoy while your stamp gets processed. Once approved, just sell the 16" upper and get your desired short upper.

Last edited:
Like if they read this thread?

I think they have bigger fish to fry. I've seen idiotic Facebook post about giving gun statue quotes and idiot has a sbr in his picture and thinks silencers are illegal.

Back
Top Bottom