• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raccoons had a party on my boat

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
Went to the boat yesterday and pulled the cover off and bam! Bastard coons had a party and demolished the boat, luckily they didn’t tear up my seats. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys? What did you use to keep them away? Obviously, emptying the trash every trip. I read a lot about moth balls.

52886FA6-E2EE-49C3-AA19-4553E7BEEC73.jpeg

5F38FFCF-A887-43F2-83C5-EB1990C83BF6.jpeg

That would upset me also.live trap you probably only have 1 or 2 if you never had that problem before.

Went to the boat yesterday and pulled the cover off and bam! Bastard coons had a party and demolished the boat, luckily they didn’t tear up my seats. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys? What did you use to keep them away? Obviously, emptying the trash every trip. I read a lot about moth balls.

View attachment 2204207
View attachment 2204208
Friend of mine trap somebody's house and takes and releases them in a swamp near where he works.

They used to be really bad at Ft Mac St Park on the coast, they would go right down the dock

Boat by boat and tear up everything. I took two 4 foot pieces of 1 ¼ inch PVC and two 4 foot pieces

Of 1 inch PVC , put the 1 inch inside the 1 ¼ inch and ran my line thru the 1 inch. Tied off the boat

Then used 2 more lines on the front and back of the boat. This kept the boat securely docked 4 foot off the dock.

The newbies had no idea what I was doing until the next morning, when all the boats were trashed except mine.

Probably could of sold quite a few of the rigs if I had made more.

Back
Top Bottom