• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ram 1500 5.7 owners

outlaw1961

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   0
Reaction score
Need info from Ram owners only. I have owned Ford and Chevys and I am considering a new Ram. Would you buy another one or did you really have a lot of problems with the Ram. If I don't buy a Ram it is going to be a Tacoma because of past luck with the others.

I had an 08 that was reliable while I owned it. My father in law bought it from me and since he has had nothing but problems with airbag lights, interior falling apart, etc.

I won't buy another one.

I had a 2013 Tacoma and it was the best truck I have ever owned. I would buy another in a heart beat.

Thanks for the info. I am 54 and retired. I want my next truck to last for a good while. Previously owned trucks by ford and Chevy started having major problems at 100000 miles

I have been a die hard fan of chevy Z-71's since they were produced..After my 98 having 270K and three intake gaskets replaced do to coolant leaks and over heating, and two transmission rebuilds and brakes that were a joke. I went to Dodge 06 Hemi, I have put 120k on it and had the brakes all around done. I use Mobil One Synthetic and Wix every 5k. The only problem I have now is the Wiper motor is intermittent about working properly. I believe it is the switch. I am well satisfied with the performance of this truck.

Cost wise a new Tacoma long bed 4x4 with all options are pushing 40 grand. Maybe a discount of 2500 to 3000. A big horn 4x4 is 48000 but Ram discounts can be as high as 10 to 12 thousand.

Cost wise a new Tacoma long bed 4x4 with all options are pushing 40 grand. Maybe a discount of 2500 to 3000. A big horn 4x4 is 48000 but Ram discounts can be as high as 10 to 12 thousand.

Yeah, but the ram loses 30% of its value when you drive it off the lot. The Tacoma can be driven for a year or two and still hold most of its value. The 2013 I bought used, drove for 15 months and traded it back in for what I paid for it. I basically drove it for 15 months only paying for fuel and insurance.

Back
Top Bottom