• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ram 1500 5.7 owners

Toyota hands down, I work on vehicles for a living and can attest to the reliability of the Toyota products, ram has had many transmission issues, I have a fleet account, Atlanta gas light, that bought a bunch and can't get rid of them fast enough. They are going back to Toyota .

I need to stay off of the ram forums. People talking about their paint quality, rust issues and the cab being crooked on their new trucks

People go on forums to piss and moan and never return again. The F150 guys are complaining about the fit and finish of the 15-16 and we are talking millimeters difference.

I had a 2000 1500 with the 5.9 and loved it.. hated the transmission, loved the rest of the truck.. crappy fuel mileage but the engine would pull a house off its foundation.

Have a friend with a newer model and the 5.7 I drove it once and it had plenty of power, he's had issues with the brake rotors warping, could just be the way he drives it but I don't know, don't ride with him much. Love my Dakota with the 318 and a 5 spd, neighbor has a 2015 3500 with a cummins and 6spd auto, 115k on the factory brakes and it doesn't even need pads yet.

All in all they are great trucks, but fuel mileage and transmissions are the weak points on them. If you don't put any power adders on the engines and treat the driveline properly and aren't pulling a crap ton of weight in stop and go traffic all the time you shouldn't have any issues

Back
Top Bottom