• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ram 1500 5.7 owners

Another vote for the Taco. I sorely miss my 2013 SR5 V6 quad cab model. Plenty of power and pretty decent gas mileage (roughly 19 around town). Plenty of interior room as well, and as NWS said, they really hold they're value.

I have a 2014 ram 1500 big horn. I absolutely love it. I installed a k&n cold air intake and Flowmaster mufflers and I average around 20mpg.

image.jpg
Picture of mine.

I had a 2007 ram 3500 Cummins before this one. Put 125000 on it with no problems just didn't need a diesel truck. Traded it in on a 2012 Chevy z71 and absolutely hated that truck. Kept it 6 months and went back to a Ram.

Have a 08 5.7 with 140+K on it. Not any big problems at all so far. Had to replace the sway bar links and u joints , that would be the biggest things so far.

I have been a die hard fan of chevy Z-71's since they were produced..After my 98 having 270K and three intake gaskets replaced do to coolant leaks and over heating, and two transmission rebuilds and brakes that were a joke. I went to Dodge 06 Hemi, I have put 120k on it and had the brakes all around done. I use Mobil One Synthetic and Wix every 5k. The only problem I have now is the Wiper motor is intermittent about working properly. I believe it is the switch. I am well satisfied with the performance of this truck.
Mine was doing the same thing and eventually only worked on high speed, turned out to be the motor.

Have a 08 5.7 with 140+K on it. Not any big problems at all so far. Had to replace the sway bar links and u joints , that would be the biggest things so far.

Mine was doing the same thing and eventually only worked on high speed, turned out to be the motor.
I have got to get it checked!

Thanks for all the info. The engine in the taco does appear to be a little weak according to the owners of the 16 taco. The engine has been used in some of the Lexus sun's I think.

Back
Top Bottom