• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ram 1500 5.7 owners

You are right, Tacomas and Wranglers both hold their value like no other
If you drive it for 200k+ miles, you don't need to worry about trade value. Only if you buy a new truck every couple of years.
I have a 2011 5.7 hemi Ram 1500, am around same age and don't plan on buying anything else. MY last Ram(not a hemi) had 200k+miles. Sold it to my brother in 2011 and he drove it and give to my niece and she runs the dog of it.
When they say RAM Tough, they mean it. Just my 2cents worth.

I have been a die hard fan of chevy Z-71's since they were produced..After my 98 having 270K and three intake gaskets replaced do to coolant leaks and over heating, and two transmission rebuilds and brakes that were a joke. I went to Dodge 06 Hemi, I have put 120k on it and had the brakes all around done. I use Mobil One Synthetic and Wix every 5k. The only problem I have now is the Wiper motor is intermittent about working properly. I believe it is the switch. I am well satisfied with the performance of this truck.

I have an 2008 w/ 274K on it - only routine maintenance so far and a water pump.

I have gone through 3 windshield wiper motors so far.

One happened within less than a year of buying the truck. Dealer replaced no charge.

The other two happened when I was out of town about 2 years apart - used O' Riley Auto for re manufacture and install. At some point Dodge was aware of the wiper motor failures. I do not know if it just effected the 08. No issues since the 3rd motor was installed.

One happened within less than a year of buying the truck. Dealer replaced no charge.

The other two happened when I was out of town about 2 years apart - used O' Riley Auto for re manufacture and install. At some point Dodge was aware of the wiper motor failures. I do not know if it just effected the 08. No issues since the 3rd motor was installed.
O' Riley diagnosed and did the labor also?

I like to look at what is on the used car lot when I shop. For instance, when I bought a Titan a few years ago, it was because I never really saw them on the used lots, but did see Chevrolets and Fords. I am not saying anything bad about any make but that told me that not seeing many Tundras or Titans, that people were buying them and keeping them. I could be wrong, but just how I looked at it. I loved my Titan. But had to get rid of it because I was stupid and the payment was way to high.

Used O'Riley both times due to where I was, the availability of the motor and I did not know the area.
O'Riley recommended a local shop both times to install.

I knew it was the motor based on the way the 1st one failed.

I have 04 ram 1500 slt 165k miles no problem what so ever but I would buy Toyota had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee biggest POS ever owned the New 6 speed transmissions they are Putting in new trucks for better mpg suck (imo) Toyota as far as i know still use the old and proven drive train.
Just my 2cents

I can't bring myself to buy a work truck new so I buy them with around 100k miles and run them till 300-400k Doesn't matter if I have to put a new trans or even the engine, as much as these things cost I keep them as long as I can. LOL. I pull a 7x12 enclosed trailer loaded down every day. My current one is a 2005 ram with the Hemi. It now has almost 200k and other than having to replace the lower ball joints and normal maintanece it's been a good one (knock on wood). I have never owned a dodge before, the reason I bought it was price. It was the lowest mile and nicest one I could find at the time. The resale is not good on them but since I run them in the ground it doesn't really matter to me. I love that old dodge and will prob buy another. My previous truck was a 1994 Chevy. It now has something like 370k. My son is still driving it and just put a new crate engine in it, trans was rebuilt at 265k My nephew is a ford man and he has a lot of trouble with his. Can't comment on the Toyota but they make a good product. Good luck with the search!

Back
Top Bottom