• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rare firearms

georgia357

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
Saw a post this morning and it got me to thinking about rare firearms that people owned. The rarest I have would be the Rasheed 7.62x39 carbine. Only about 8000 were made, not too awful rare but not too common either. What do you folks have that's rare?

I had a Russian Tigr, The civilian SVD. HAd to sell it thanks to almost losing my job. Still kick myself. Also one of your Rasheeds bigger brother. Had 2 of the Hakims in 8mm Mauser.

S&W 686 CS-1 3" About 1500 made, half destroyed by feds.
Ruger GPNY About 2600 made, very few if any ever actually issued.
S&W 16-4 4" Only made for a few years, not sure how many were made.

Hhmmm...S&W Model 26-1 GSP Commemorative...only 840 total made, 800 w/the GSP Engraving and 40 unadorned "Over-runs"...

S&W pre-Model 26, only 2,768 made from 1950 to 1960 in the pre-model 26 and the Model-Marked Model 26...

S&W Model 242 "Centennial"--seven-shot .38 Special "Plus P", it and the other L-Frame Centennial--the 296 in .44 Special--are the ONLY Centennials EVER made on other than the J-Frame, only in production for about a year...

S&W Model 27-8--the "Registered Magnum" Re-Intro--mine are five-inch, blue--only about 300 made in each available barrel length and finish...

FOUR-SCREW pre-Model 29 four-inch, blue...only made for about two years, TOTAL "Four Screw" pre-Model 29 production is 6,500 guns in ALL Barrel Lengths and Finishes...

Colt Series '70 "Prize Gun" built by Richard Heinie for J. Michael Plaxco when he won the IPSC Nationals in 1982...

Remington model 11-48 Skeet Gun--in .410-!!!--in about 90% condition...

GLOCK 21 SF-RTF2...one of about 40 or 50 "Over-run" guns for the Ark. State Patrol Contract...

...That's all...for now....mikey357

Hhmmm...S&W Model 26-1 GSP Commemorative...only 840 total made, 800 w/the GSP Engraving and 40 unadorned "Over-runs"...

S&W pre-Model 26, only 2,768 made from 1950 to 1960 in the pre-model 26 and the Model-Marked Model 26...

S&W Model 242 "Centennial"--seven-shot .38 Special "Plus P", it and the other L-Frame Centennial--the 296 in .44 Special--are the ONLY Centennials EVER made on other than the J-Frame, only in production for about a year...

S&W Model 27-8--the "Registered Magnum" Re-Intro--mine are five-inch, blue--only about 300 made in each available barrel length and finish...

FOUR-SCREW pre-Model 29 four-inch, blue...only made for about two years, TOTAL "Four Screw" pre-Model 29 production is 6,500 guns in ALL Barrel Lengths and Finishes...

Colt Series '70 "Prize Gun" built by Richard Heinie for J. Michael Plaxco when he won the IPSC Nationals in 1982...

Remington model 11-48 Skeet Gun--in .410-!!!--in about 90% condition...

GLOCK 21 SF-RTF2...one of about 40 or 50 "Over-run" guns for the Ark. State Patrol Contract...

...That's all...for now....mikey357

And that is the beauty of S&W revolvers, besides being an all around good gun and decent shooter, there are quite a few that are collectible. I've been fortunate that every S&W revolver I own is collectible, although not all are what I would consider rare.

That's a nice collection Mikey357. I'm sure that's not all of them either ;)

And that is the beauty of S&W revolvers, besides being an all around good gun and decent shooter, there are quite a few that are collectible. I've been fortunate that every S&W revolver I own is collectible, although not all are what I would consider rare.
That's a nice collection Mikey357. I'm sure that's not all of them either ;)

No, not all...I just wish I had some of the one's I traded off or sold off BACK!...a three-inch AND a four-inch CS-1...a three-inch Model 60-4...a Springfield Armory Commemorative Model 625...a Randall SS GM...a coupla' the "Heritage" series...you get the idea... :doh: :sad: :Cry: ....mikey357

I had at one time TWO 3" CS-1's AND a 4". I sold off the 4" and one of the 3" guns for about $350 each. :jaw:

I had one guy at a match offer me $1200 for the remaining CS1, another offered me an HKP7M8, several magazines, holster etc. in trade.

One of these days I'm gonna sneak down to Griffin just to drool :)

I had one guy at a match offer me $1200 for the remaining CS1, another offered me an HKP7M8, several magazines, holster etc. in trade.

I believe I would have had to let the guy with the "Cash Offer" "HOLD" THAT Gun!!!...but that's just ME...and probably why I sold a 98% mid-6o's BHP for a $60 "Profit"...'cause you can ALWAYS find another one, right? RIGHT???... :frown: ...or, maybe NOT....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom