• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rare firearms

just out of curiosity is there any extra value of a really low serial number of a popular gun? I've got a ruger 10/22 that has a serial number in the low 400's. ditto for an M77 308 in the 8xx range. just curious if there's any extra value to a really popular gun with low serial number... I don't shoot either one any more, have the same models now with "normal" serial numbers.

I believe I would have had to let the guy with the "Cash Offer" "HOLD" THAT Gun!!!...but that's just ME...and probably why I sold a 98% mid-6o's BHP for a $60 "Profit"...'cause you can ALWAYS find another one, right? RIGHT???... :frown: ...or, maybe NOT....mikey357

By the time the cash offer came along, I knew what the guns were worth and was still in the process of mentally beating myself up for selling the other two. Granted the 3" had been magna-ported killing it's collector value but even so, I might could have ordered another barrel from S&W. Regardless, the one I have is a shooter, not a safe queen. I've put quite a few rounds through it and intend to put quite a few more down range.

I feel your pain on the "profit". I've done that as well.

my CZ cold war commemorative. They only made 999 of them. Still have mine mint in the box.

i51.tinypic.com_24p9slf.jpg

Man, that is beautiful. And also nice picture, did you take it?

My rarest is my Finnish M27. I know it's not super rare by any means, but it is still very special to me. Plus it's in a wartime stock and has some history. I'm sure this rifle fought the Russians in the Winter war 1939-40

Back
Top Bottom