• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rare firearms

New pre 64 Winchester 70 in 358 win.. about 2000 ever made and at least half we returned to the factory and traded for other calibers

OK, I will chime in.

I bought it at a gun show almost 50 years ago. I think I paid $50.00.

What I have found in my research is that Remington would nickle plate on a special order / request basis only. They supposedly never offered it as an either blue finish or nickle plate choice when purchasing one.

Reportedly very few Model 51's ever came out of the factory this way I am led to understand. Handfull at best. I've not had any luck verifying this fact with Remington.

This one was manufactured in very late 1922 per the S/N.

Only found one other fellow, West Coast area, that has one and he claims he turned down an offer of $1,500 for his. His claim at least.

I rarely shoot mine anymore because I am scared to death something will break and then I would not be able to get the parts to fix it.

But if you have ever picked up, held and pointed a 51, it has the most natural feel you will ever experience. Never had that particular feeling with any other pistol I have ever owned.

Georgia Guy

Attachments

• P1010078 (Large).JPG
    P1010078 (Large).JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 34
OK, I will chime in.

I bought it at a gun show almost 50 years ago. I think I paid $50.00.

What I have found in my research is that Remington would nickle plate on a special order / request basis only. They supposedly never offered it as an either blue finish or nickle plate choice when purchasing one.

Reportedly very few Model 51's ever came out of the factory this way I am led to understand. Handfull at best. I've not had any luck verifying this fact with Remington.

This one was manufactured in very late 1922 per the S/N.

Only found one other fellow, West Coast area, that has one and he claims he turned down an offer of $1,500 for his. His claim at least.

I rarely shoot mine anymore because I am scared to death something will break and then I would not be able to get the parts to fix it.

But if you have ever picked up, held and pointed a 51, it has the most natural feel you will ever experience. Never had that particular feeling with any other pistol I have ever owned.

Georgia Guy

Thats a sweet looking piece. In GREAT shape for its age.

Back
Top Bottom