• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Real estate agent firearms training outreach?

My lady is a agent. That's why I am trying to sell that keltec p11. Trying to get her into something more compact as she wants to carry on her leg.. Dresses.. And what not.

LCP all day every day. Pocket or IWB for me, but I bet it'd be great in a garter holster, assuming something like that is available.

I'm doing private and group instruction for Realtors in Athens and Watkinsville. A number of students are Realtors who had safety concerns due to the nature of their job. They, in turn, put me in contact with the professional organizations up this way and I approached them about group training and professional development workshops. The murder in Arkansas definitely prompted more people in that line of work to contact me over the past two weeks.

It's unfortunate that it generally takes a tragedy for people to think about their safety, but that's human nature. Realtors are in a tough spot because they have to go into unknown territory and meet with complete strangers. Further, warning signs that might keep them out of harms way are at odds with the customer service aspect of their positions. Many people have become so worried about offending people that they would rather force a smile and hope for the best than listen to the inner voice telling them to exit a dangerous situation.

On the bright side, one of the professional organizations in the area already has a regular range day. We're fortunate to live in Georgia. I have a realtor friend in Massachusetts who isn't even allowed to carry pepper spray.

That's awesome that the organization has a regular range day, and that you're working with individuals and hopefully the orgs as well. I can't even wrap my head around not being aloud to carry pepper spray. Is that a state law, or company policy, or what?

That's awesome that the organization has a regular range day, and that you're working with individuals and hopefully the orgs as well. I can't even wrap my head around not being aloud to carry pepper spray. Is that a state law, or company policy, or what?

It's Massachussetts. She's an attorney inside the city limits of Boston. Up there, carry permits are issued by borough. Each borough's police chief or head law enforcement officer can set limitations on the carry permit. For example, if you live in Boston, you can (rarely) get a carry permit that allows you to carry a firearm to hunt or go to a range. No concealed carry unless you have special provisions. I also have friends who live in Worcestor, just outside the city. Their Police Chief will allow them to carry concealed. Ergo, the people from the suburbs have a state carry permit that allows them to conceal carry a firearm into Boston, but the people who live inside Boston can't carry concealed at all. It's absolute madness.

She was actually told that being a member of a Republican professional organization or having a firearms permit could be used against her as grounds to deny her membership to the Bar once she finished law school. Scary stuff.

Back
Top Bottom