• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real estate rant..... ************!

Looking at houses today. One house was pretty new so I thought that was strange it was already for sale. Now I think I know why.
RR tracks running behind house, which is close to a freight company with a ton of trucks. Elementary school is right across the street from the tiny neighborhood. I'll pass.

Looking at houses today. One house was pretty new so I thought that was strange it was already for sale. Now I think I know why.
RR tracks running behind house, which is close to a freight company with a ton of trucks. Elementary school is right across the street from the tiny neighborhood. I'll pass.

Always Google Earth and Street view the house and neighborhood w/e possible. Saves a lot of trips.

Train enthusiasts welcome...

That's a gross oversimplification. We don't want more traffic, it is bad enough. We don't want more stop lights. We don't want higher taxes to pay for more schools and endless neverending road construction to deal with the influx, we don't want to deal with redistricting our kids, we think the grocery store is crowded enough, there's plenty of land already zoned R1 that you can go develop, why come into my community and work to rezone when you have plenty of other R1 available for your ventures. It has nothing to do with "not wanting new people" as normal turnover in a community has people coming and going all the time these days. It's about not wanting more people for many legitimate tangible reasons.
Well said.

We also don't want our culture changing too fast, and you get that when you get big influxes of people coming in from outside the community.

Normal turnover rate allows for new people to become properly assimilated into the local culture. When you get a big blob coming in, they blob up and don't assimilate.

Kinda like a separate issue we have at a particular border...

whats gonna happen when these big ass monthly house notes come due and those jobs get down to 30 hours a week (or less) and the gas is bumping in at $5 a gallon?......and its not a question of is it gonna happen, but its gonna happen.

whats gonna happen when these big ass monthly house notes come due and those jobs get down to 30 hours a week (or less) and the gas is bumping in at $5 a gallon?......and its not a question of is it gonna happen, but its gonna happen.

Throw those big ass monthly vehicle notes on the fire and make it a big one.

FB_IMG_1652656308619.jpg

My friend is a loan officer. He says he sees an average of 15% over asking price on almost every loan he does.

$500k listing you better offer $575k ish. then add closing costs.

Back
Top Bottom