• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Reasonable price for pre owned guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdougmd

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
67   0
Reaction score
i see a lot of what appears to me to be over priced guns on ODT. I know an owner has a right to ask what they want but I’m tired of clicking on ads for guns I’m interested in to see retail pricing or higher.

What say you ODT? What should percent discount off new price be for an as new but still used firearm? What discount percent would interest you if you could save off retail?

It’s all been said before. The difference now, there are more people posting that are unaware how weak the current market is for firearms.

If they want to post ads and it sit there for months I don't care. There have been times when my stuff didn't sell so I know I didn't have it priced right but it was on items that were 50 years old and much more difficult to determine value on than a lnib Glock.
For a currently manufactured item in excellent condition I would pay no more than 60-80% of what I could buy for at retail, (not msrp) and not including tax, much less if I had to drive much. Would stay closer to the 80% number if from a manufacturer who has a no bs lifetime warranty, such as leupold or Glock.

Buy low, sell high not just for the stock market evidently.

I collect and buy mostly MILSURP so no MSRP. Mosins that were $150 now listed for $350 and up. 98K Mauser Russian captures that were $350 now $500 plus.

That said I can get a new Blue Label Glock for $400 ish so no skin off my nose if someone posts a used one for $500 plus.

I believe the value of not filling out a 4473 is what drives individual's guns up in price. If all private sales required a 4473, the bottom would drop out of the used gun market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom