• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recomendation for AR trigger.

Bought and installed the ALG trigger in my M&P 15-22 and honestly, zero difference dry firing. Pulled it out and put in the Sport 223 - zero difference dry firing.

I think I wasted $57.

20180717_225205.jpg
Bought and installed the ALG trigger in my M&P 15-22 and honestly, zero difference dry firing. Pulled it out and put in the Sport 223 - zero difference dry firing.

I think I wasted $57.
Was the gun you have new when you bought it? The ALG-ALG trigger gives a 3.5-4.5 trigger pull when used with the yellow springs. Did you install the trigger with the red springs? Or did you try someone elses set up? They may have the red tactical set. The trigger pull on a S&W 15/22 is approximately 7.5lbs.. Either you used the wrong springs or the trigger was changed out before. There is also a MIL-SPEC set from ALG that give the same pull but has less creep and has a better break. You could have got ahold of one of those spring sets. There is no telling what you have if you didn't buy the set directly from ALG. It comes in a box with two set of springs. I have gotten counterfeit sets of ALG ACT springs that only had one set of springs and were in a baggie and were not in a box. If you didn't get this package then you didn't get the correct springs. I use the ALG ACT trigger with the set of JP reduced power springs and it gives right aroung 2.5-3 lbs. You hardly have to put pressure at all to engage. If the set you tried was in the box with both sets of springs then you don't know what the hell you were putting in there. If it was a true ALG set then you would have felt a immediate difference, no ifs , ands or buts. This is what you should have tried. If it wasn't in this box when you tried it then I am skeptical of what you installed. Every part of the trigger set should have been nickle boron even the trigger and hammer pins. There is also a purple reduced power hammer spring in the kit. That makes a big difference. The only way to get the whole shabang is to order it directly from ALG for 69 dollars.

Another vote for ALG Defense, ACT trigger. Absolutely the best trigger for the money, $70.
Sure you can spend much more than that, but for the money the ALG ACT is your best bet. I have purchased and ran several of these and it is all I use. Period.

View attachment 1705492
Was the gun you have new when you bought it? The ALG-ALG trigger gives a 3.5-4.5 trigger pull when used with the yellow springs. Did you install the trigger with the red springs? Or did you try someone elses set up? They may have the red tactical set. The trigger pull on a S&W 15/22 is approximately 7.5lbs.. Either you used the wrong springs or the trigger was changed out before. There is also a MIL-SPEC set from ALG that give the same pull but has less creep and has a better break. You could have got ahold of one of those spring sets. There is no telling what you have if you didn't buy the set directly from ALG. It comes in a box with two set of springs. I have gotten counterfeit sets of ALG ACT springs that only had one set of springs and were in a baggie and were not in a box. If you didn't get this package then you didn't get the correct springs. I use the ALG ACT trigger with the set of JP reduced power springs and it gives right aroung 2.5-3 lbs. You hardly have to put pressure at all to engage. If the set you tried was in the box with both sets of springs then you don't know what the hell you were putting in there. If it was a true ALG set then you would have felt a immediate difference, no ifs , ands or buts. This is what you should have tried. If it wasn't in this box when you tried it then I am skeptical of what you installed. Every part of the trigger set should have been nickle boron even the trigger and hammer pins. There is also a purple reduced power hammer spring in the kit. That makes a big difference. The only way to get the whole shabang is to order it directly from ALG for 69 dollars.
I got the ALG QMS trigger directly from Brownells, thinking I should have gotten the ACT? No different springs, just the 2 pieces to the trigger and drop in. Both ARs were purchased new by me.

I need to see if I can get different springs for the QMS.

I got the ALG QMS trigger directly from Brownells, thinking I should have gotten the ACT? No different springs, just the 2 pieces to the trigger and drop in. Both ARs were purchased new by me.

I always use the purple hammer spring that comes on the ACT trigger that provides a 4.5 lb. pull weight. ACT also supplies in the box a tan hammer spring that bumps it up to 6 lbs. if you are shooting ammo with hard primers or just prefer the pull closer to the mil-spec M4.

The QMS is a Mil-Spec trigger. The springs will make a difference however, it won't the complete package without the nikle boron coating. The coating and springs work in conjunction to deliver a very pleasing trigger. The QMS and the ACT trigger are the exact same trigger except for the nickle boron coating. I usually order the JP Enterprises spring kit with the ACT trigger kit. The JP spring set delivers an unbelievable light pull. Order a set of these springs I am giving you the link to and it has the real light springs and the tactical springs as well. this is what I use in conjunction with the ALG ACT trigger set. It seems to be a little lighter. https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par.../ar-15-reduced-power-spring-kit-prod7582.aspx If I am not mistaken these are very close to the springs provided in the ACT ALG kit. I made a mistake the kit below is the kit with two sets of springs and is what I order most of the time. The link above should give you the ALG ACT springs.

The above set up should only be used in target type gun. For my home defense rig I use this kit from brownells that has a combo spring set so I can tune the trigger get a little stiffer pull but not all the way to mil spec. I still get a great trigger but I don't have to worry about light strike. https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...g-kit-sku452000104-32318-61025.aspx?rrec=true I have a few sets of the purple springs if you like to have a set. I believe I would have to recheck my inventory.

Back
Top Bottom