• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recomendation for AR trigger.

Price is important ….

I purchased and installed a JP Enterprises Enhanced Reliability trigger/hammer spring set. WOW!! What a difference it made on my Sig. And all for under $11!!! It is not going to change a stock trigger into a Geissele, but it made my Sig shootable. I am not trying to target shoot several hundred yards. I have a red dot sight so it is configured as a closer range combat rifle. The trigger satisfies that need very well.

I have an ALG ACT in my 16" AR and AR9. Great triggers, smooth pull with a nice break. On the pull gauge they are consistently around 4.5#.

I just installed a 3# Velocity trigger in my 18" AR. Got in on Ebay for $115 with a coupon. So far it is fantastic. No takeup, short pull, crisp break, nice reset. My first drop in trigger, so I'm not sure if it will change after breaking in, but right now it averages 3-3.25#. I like it. The owner worked for Timney for a number of years.

My favorites are
-Milspec (LWRC NiB)
-Single stage (P.O.F. Skeletonized 3.5#)
-2 Stage (RRA 2-Stage)

There are probably minimally better triggers, but for the money, these guys get my business every time.

Now I have also use JP Enterprises Adj. trigger as well. It requires a little patients but there are limitless feels you can choose from. You can set it up as a single stage and almost set it up as a two stage. Not quite as clean on the first break feel but very close. It has two small set screws on th bottom of the trigger that can be adjusted to suit your feel. Like I said it take patients and very small adjustments but it can mimic any trigger on the market. I use the 2.5 lbs set and it's hard to beat when it's set up right. They are cheaper than most of the lower priced units and if you learn how to set them up properly you will never again use another trigger for a competition rifle.

The above set up should only be used in target type gun. For my home defense rig I use this kit from brownells that has a combo spring set so I can tune the trigger get a little stiffer pull but not all the way to mil spec. I still get a great trigger but I don't have to worry about light strike. https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...g-kit-sku452000104-32318-61025.aspx?rrec=true I have a few sets of the purple springs if you like to have a set. I believe I would have to recheck my inventory.
Thanks for all the great info! So would you recommend JP springs, or purple ALG springs? Going to be on an AR22 plinker but I don't like a hair trigger.

https://algdefense.com/alg-defense-purple-spring.html

I don't think it's been mentioned, but it should even though I'm sure I'll get a lecture from the Guru. But using JP reduced power springs can cause failure to ignite some hard primers. If reliability is a major concern in your build I would recommend you use a set of the springs provided with the ALG and don't go full neckbeard.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but it should even though I'm sure I'll get a lecture from the Guru. But using JP reduced power springs can cause failure to ignite some hard primers. If reliability is a major concern in your build I would recommend you use a set of the springs provided with the ALG and don't go full neckbeard.
I explained the reduced power springs were for target and recreational use. The tactical springs should be used in your home defense rig. I mentioned this in post #79

Back
Top Bottom