• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendation for QUALITY jack stands.

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
505   0
Reaction score
Like it says, anyone have a real world recommendation for jack stands that you trust your life to? I'm willing to spend the money for the good stuff (Prefer a "Made in USA" stamp on them somewhere). My boys are starting to get into hot rodding and general repair and jack stands are going to be used heavily over the next few months on one truck.

DF205165-77A1-41BB-B8DA-6CE928A75944.jpeg

Come on man. You know Harbor Freight is just as good as anything from Summit Racing or Jegs.

Few years back I was in the garage, under my 1942 Ford Fordor, had it up on jackstands extended as far up as they would go, trying to unbolt the transmission. Looked at the way the car was sitting, where it would land if it came off the stands and how long before someone found my body since it was 2am and everyone in the house was asleep. I managed to get out from under the car, got it off the stands, next day took it to a garage and said "take this piece of crap and make a show car out of it" and 5 years later it was done and I dropped my jackstands off at the dump next time I made a run.

Back
Top Bottom