• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading 6.5 Creedmoor

KauaiGirl_19

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
23   0
Reaction score
Wanted to get others feedback if you reload for 6.5 Creedmoor... I'll be doing my own load data but it doesn't hurt to hear what others prefer...

Little interested in the 140 grain Hornady A-Max..BC is pretty good. That's not set in stone yet.. Maybe even Berger

Last edited:
I would start with H-4350 for powder, then try the 140 A-max, then the 142 matchking. The 123 class bullet also work well with this cartridge. It's a stupid accurate round.

H4350 is the powder,thats not even open for debate. Bullet choice is up to your gun/wallet. Bergers are great bullets but i aint payin that.if she will shoot 140 amax,that the best 6.5 bullet fer your money......period.

H4350 is the powder,thats not even open for debate. Bullet choice is up to your gun/wallet. Bergers are great bullets but i aint payin that.if she will shoot 140 amax,that the best 6.5 bullet fer your money......period.

Why do you say h4350 with no debate? At 40.9 gr. they are going 2650 fps. I've seen other powders that can push more fps. What's your reasoning? I've seen on other forums everyone is using the h4350. I actually either plan to use hornady A-max or Bergers. We are reloading our 243 Ackley and using the Bergers so I like them.

Check out http://www.65creedmoor.com/ They are pretty much dedicated to the 6.5 Creedmoor. I am working up different loads for my wife's 6.5 Creedmoor using H4350 and N150 with Berger VLD, Lapua Scenar and Sierra MatchKing all in the 140g range. Hopefully, I will find the right combination for her rifle.

Check out http://www.65creedmoor.com/ They are pretty much dedicated to the 6.5 Creedmoor. I am working up different loads for my wife's 6.5 Creedmoor using H4350 and N150 with Berger VLD, Lapua Scenar and Sierra MatchKing all in the 140g range. Hopefully, I will find the right combination for her rifle.

Thanks for the information. I plan to do the same...Do my own load data. Plan to stay with the 140 gr they have a very good BC.

Why do you say h4350 with no debate? At 40.9 gr. they are going 2650 fps. I've seen other powders that can push more fps. What's your reasoning? I've seen on other forums everyone is using the h4350. I actually either plan to use hornady A-max or Bergers. We are reloading our 243 Ackley and using the Bergers so I like them.

Kgirl the fastest is not always the best or accurate

Back
Top Bottom