• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading 6.5 Creedmoor

Out of my rock creek 24 inch 1:8 twist barrel with a suppressor I'm getting 2950 fps according to ballistic calculator. Using factory amax hornady 140 grain. I know it states less fps but the bullet and holdovers don't lie.

the 140 class bullets are VERY consistent in that speed zone. in the year since this thread began a compadre of mine has done some work with lapua 123 scenars that has worked out real well.

you get what is basically a 6mm trajectory,better barrel life than a 6, and alittle more impact on target than a 6. the trade off is the same old more recoil than a 6, this can be an issue shooting positional off structure but if most of your shooting is proned out belly shooting it would be the way to go. 4350 still being the powder. hes running it in 260 "basically same" but the creed hornady brass may not hold the pockets long for the quick 123 load, norma will be solving that problem at SHOT show this year, but at a cost $$

im running berger bullets now , LOL. but their 6mm so $ is a wash and my barrel work is done for free so life is good on that end.

check out 6 creed its a great cartride all ya gotta do is drop 6mm bushings in your redding type s dies and your gtg. and that whole barrel thing (;

Back
Top Bottom