• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading range pick up?

ConRon

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
15   0
Reaction score
Knew to reloading. Bought a couple of presses an will soon be on the road to reloading. I have done my research and have my reloading manual and read extensively. The way I indeed rand it is I should follow the manual as if it were gospel. And I plan on doing just that. But my question is should one consider reloading range pick up. The BOOK says no. Neve do it. But I've seen several folks mention that they do during my research. To me this is a trusted forum so I ask y'all what y'all think? Thanks

For me it depends on what you are reloading. I have no problem reloading .45 range brass and am ok using 9mm. I would not use .223 or 5.56 range brass.

Just as long as you know what to look for it's fine. If your going to do it inspect the casings for pressure signs, deep swipes from semi autos, bulging necks, loose or flattened primers. Also most not all but most reloaded ammo will have a slight ring just above the rim on the body of the case from being sized, if you think you see this or pressure signs leave it.

I pick up what ever I can when I do get to chance to go to the range. Just look it over checking for over pressure signs and toss out the iffy ones. During resizing if some of the range pick up brass seems a bit harder to run through the resizer, toss it.

We either buy new brass, or once fired brass only.. We do not use .223/5.56, converted or transformed. Have witnessed some upper blow-ups not very pretty..

Only our way of reloading, you must be the one to make that final decision....

We either buy new brass, or once fired brass only.. We do not use .223/5.56, converted or transformed. Have witnessed some upper blow-ups not very pretty..

Only our way of reloading, you must be the one to make that final decision....

So when it comes to reloading range pick up brass, in your estimation the adventure is not worth the cruise?

Back
Top Bottom