• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Scale

calee

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
Went to use my Dillon D-terminator scale last night and I couldn't get it to Cal. Called Dillon to find that I purchased it in JUL16 so it's three months outside of its one year warranty so it will not be covered. I can exchange it plus $80 to get a new one. Until this Dillon customer service has been top notch. All of this to say any recommendations on a more reliable digital scale? Or should I exchange the Dillon scale?

I have been using a pact digital scale for 13 years. Recently got a Lyman balance beam on clearance at bps and checked the pact, it is dead on.

Unfortunately, a lot of companies with lifetime warranties do not guarantee their electronic devices for life.

I have an RCBS (Ohaus) 10-10 scale that's closing in on 30 years of reliable use. They still make them. Not sure why?

image-jpeg.360688

That sucks. I have the RCBS electronic scale and the RCBS beam scale. Both work perfectly. The electronic one is 2 years old and I believe it was under $100

I have the RCBS and Dillon beam scale and just picked up the Gempro 250 to check weights on things like shells, bullets and to confirm my scales. good to have both for different things IMHO.

I have had varied experiences with electronic scales. If you read up on them, it's sort in the nature of the beast.

I'm currently using a Hornady, will continue to use it till it quits working.

The components are made by like 3 companies, no matter whose label is on the scale.

I'm currently using a Hornady, will continue to use it till it quits working.

The components are made by like 3 companies, no matter whose label is on the scale.

You are probably right. I bought a sonic jewelry cleaner from Harbor Freight a few years back. Paid something like $40. Then Hornady comes out with this sonic brass cleaner for like $100. Guess what, the Hornady is identical to the HF cleaner other than mine is gray instead of red and black. Imagine that. Talk about a markup.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom