• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolver

I love cowboy guns! All of them are great fun.

I grew up watching westerns every Saturday. I knew who Sam Colt was before I knew Kennedy was the President!

I'm more than 50 now and John Wayne is still my hero. Keep us posted on what you find other than the Ruger Convertible.

I read where USFA had went into the space age Zip .22 business now. That's a shame too, as they turned out some of the best looking/feeling S/A revolvers at prices that I could afford to feel good about shooting.

...and the Ruger Blackhawk "Convertible"--.357 AND 9mm--does NOT require the use of "Moonclips", FWIW...HTH....mikey357

Thanks mikey. Ive just been reading about the convertible, and it seems that the only downside is accuracy with the 9mm cylinder installed. Anyone have any experience with one?

I've had a couple of them that shot well with both cylinders. I'm speaking of accuracy in terms of normal plinking distances of 10 to 20 steps or so.

If you handload, or look into some cast bullets from most companies like Ga. Arms you can shoot .356 bullets for better results in the .357 barrels.

I have a .38 Super pistol that I shoot .355", .356" and .357"'s in. The accuracy between them is virtually indistinguishable.

Back
Top Bottom