• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIA double stack 9mm

crankshaft

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have one or seen one in a gun shop? A 1911 w/a 16 round capacity in 9mm seems like a gun I would like to own but can't find any to see how it fits my hand.

It's a steel framed 2011 nothing really intriguing about it

glad that you have joined us in recent days to share your wealth of knowledge on 2011s, but we were talkin 1911s.

if you prefer the cost of the 9mm round and you arent thrilled with having an 8 round mag in your firearm but like 1911, its an intriguing choice at a fair price. you cant find them right now, like the fellow said.

Last edited:
I asked on RIA/Armscor's FB page and the CEO responded and said that they hadn't made enough but they were on the way. He couldn't give me any vendor names that currently had any. My guess is hit the LGS and get it ordered. I have been itching for one since I saw it covered at the 2011 shot shot.

glad that you have joined us in recent days to share your wealth of knowledge on 2011s, but we were talkin 1911s.

if you prefer the cost of the 9mm round and you arent thrilled with having an 8 round mag in your firearm but like 1911, its an intriguing choice at a fair price. you cant find them right now, like the fellow said.

He may have been referring to the model. RIA calls some models by its year. I have a 2011 tactical with the full rail. I know these double stacked 9mms are the 2012 model.

Um it's a double stacked 1911, commonly referred to as a 2011 in the competition world. Most double stacked 2011's are plastic framed, until recently when SVI brought out their metal grip.

This is a double stack 2011, similar to a 1911 but not the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom