• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIA double stack 9mm

Mags may need adjusting.

Please excuse my newbie showing through here, but I'm confused... These are new mags (multiple, same brand/design as what came with the gun and also purchased directly from Armscor), the problem happens with the original mag as well as the new ones. Now they ARE spec'd as "9mm/38-Super" mags, so I have noticed they are a bit long for the 9mm bullets, but this is exactly as it came/designed by Rock Island.

When we say "adjusting" mags, are we talking feed lips, reducing tension on the springs, or what?

As much as I dislike the idea, if this gets too convoluted, the thing is going back to Rock Island.

I suggest giving RIA a call today and just seeing what their smith says. Heck, if you let them know that it is inconvenient to send it back they may have you send it and put a rush on it.

I have one other item in my bag of tricks. I found a Para brand magazine for the P-18, got it in this morning. As a bonus, it's a 20 round mag and I like the base-plate better (and it was cheaper). Gonna try that before I take my next step with Rock Island.

-considering how long I waited to GET it, I'm not gonna give up THAT easy...
It'll at LEAST go back to RIA before I consider that one. Heck, I got over $120 in just magazines for it now!

And just think....Thats cheap for mags....I know some people pay that just for a mag tube, and still needs a spring, basepad, and follower

I hope it works out of you. I know I'd be upset if I was in the same situation. I hope when I can order one they have this issue figured out. I gotta get my trust set up and an Osprey 45 before I can snag one of these.

Back
Top Bottom