• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIA double stack 9mm

Quick update:
I have the shipping tag for sending it back to Rock Island, but I had already talked to Nate/magna750 at http://www.ftdaniel.com/ so I decided to swing by, talk to him a bit and have him evaluate what the actual problem might be. As a side note, if you're looking for a smith or to have some custom work done, I would highly recommend stopping by to talk to Nate. He runs a nice/small shop with some VERY nice custom products/services. Very nice gentleman and I think he's got some very reasonable prices. I also asked for an honest assessment of the gun and I think I got that, considering the actual product without brand/personal bias.

After looking at it for about .037 seconds he saw the issue and pronounced that it's an issue with how the feed ramp on the frame feeds into the ramp on the barrel. In talking through it, we both agreed that while he COULD fix it, it would be better to send it back to see what Rock Island could come up with.

So it's now off to Fed-Ex. On the plus side, they sent me a call-tag so it's getting shipped on their dime.

Back
Top Bottom