• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rift Among Navy SEALs Over Members Who Cash In on Brand

Met a lady in the UK recently, friend of my brother, who had done a guided tour of Bletchley Park the WWll spy/code breaking place (read Enigma). As the guide explained how the model of the Enigma machine worked, by moving cogs, she spoke up and told him he was doing it wrong and corrected him. Her husband was embarrassed and said not to talk about things about which she knew nothing. She responded that she used to work there during the war and worked on the Enigma machine. Her husband was stunned and said you never told me in many decades of marriage and what's more he used to work there too, but they had never met. That's keeping your mouth shut.

Wow, that would be an interesting person to talk to over a few drinks. I've watched a few documentaries about Bletchley. Evidently they got so good at it, there was a running joke that Bletchley knew German soldiers' orders before they even received them!

Wow, that would be an interesting person to talk to over a few drinks. I've watched a few documentaries about Bletchley. Evidently they got so good at it, there was a running joke that Bletchley knew German soldiers' orders before they even received them!
I'd only seen the various movies up till then, so bull mostly with a bit of fact. But true to type she told us that story but no other detail, when you sign the Official Secrets Act it is for life, she said she and her husband never discuss what they did. Shame really I bet they have some fascinating stories to tell.

I remember reading Richard Marcinko stories when I was in high school and it seemed like people were pretty pissed at him.

Another issue may be that for every actual SEAL or Delta guy out there telling SEAL/Delta stories there are 10 or 200 pretend clowns telling pretend clown SEAL/ Delta stories? There are at least 1 billion internet SEALs, many of which operate on this very website.
I was a SEAL, Ranger, Airborne, Super Submarine, Green Beret underwater Sniper..:rolleyes:

No quiet professionals there anymore. They should be punished for breaking their non disclosure agreements, but then again, nobody gets punished for leaking secrets anymore (Hillary). Thanks Obama. Some of us stayed in to work, instead of begging for attention with embellished stories. They jeopardize the security of those who continue to fight. Shameful

Back
Top Bottom