• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIP "the American Dream" Dusty Rhodes dead at 69

>dislike<

was a heck of a nice guy in person too. RIP brother..........
Yes he was. I met him at the Marietta gun show in the early 90's, had one of his granddaughters with him. I just happened to look to my left when I was looking at some pistols and there he was right beside me. Very nice man but not nearly as big as I thought he would be but still bigger than me. Lol, RIP Dusty.....

Yep, don't forget the Road Warriors. They had some great matches too.

I have lots of pics of the old NWA and GCW wrestling around here somewhere. We grew up going to the Omni and Cobb civic center watching Dusty and Wahoo McDaniel vs. Ole and Arn Anderson. "Hands of stone" Ron Garvin vs. Ric Flair...Road Warriors vs. The Midnight Express. Etc...

But what ever happened to Haystack Calhoun (and I always wanted my dad to put that bondstone siding on our house just because Live Atlanta Wrestling was sponsored by them), and Mr. Wrestling (still remember the take on anyone match the week before he was going to wrestle Dory Funk for the championship and they put in a ringer and during the match the ringer bit off the end of Mr. Wrestling's finger and naturally Dory came out, stomped on Wrestling's hand and that was the end of the match).

And Dusty, you'll be missed, seriously missed, no one could get their forehead cut open and bleed so much in the first 30 seconds of any match. You were amazing and I'm sorry your son turned out the way he did.

RIP to the. "Maakhan Dream". Dusty Rhodes :(

King of the bunkhouse brawl ;0)
Dust-Bunkhouse-594x370.png

Back
Top Bottom