RK Gun Show: Offer Your Review. What Did You Buy??

Dogtown Darren

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
287   0
Reaction score
Got in line around 8:30ish. Steady and constant stream of traffic rolled in. The line to get in was longer than I remember at recent shows.

I had a good time! I wasn't in the market for much, so it was a lot of browsing and being nosey. It amazes me how all over the map pricing is at these shows. I honestly don't know how the higher priced guys sell anything.

Cherokee G&P was, as usual, the leader of the pack. They had Ruger LCP's in various colors for $199, and seemed to be doing a brisk business.

It was the normal stuff, otherwise. I saw some solid deals, but not any steals that I can remember. Ammo prices were along the lines of most online sites, more or less.

I bought a real nice OWB leather holster for my Glock 43 and a $2 Coke. So, the bank account survived to fight another day.

Enjoyed looking and checking out this and that. 4 hours of fun for $10. That's hard to beat.

Got in line around 8:30ish. Steady and constant stream of traffic rolled in. The line to get in was longer than I remember at recent shows.

I had a good time! I wasn't in the market for much, so it was a lot of browsing and being nosey. It amazes me how all over the map pricing is at these shows. I honestly don't know how the higher priced guys sell anything.

Cherokee G&P was, as usual, the leader of the pack. They had Ruger LCP's in various colors for $199, and seemed to be doing a brisk business.

It was the normal stuff, otherwise. I saw some solid deals, but not any steals that I can remember. Ammo prices were along the lines of most online sites, more or less.

I bought a real nice OWB leather holster for my Glock 43 and a $2 Coke. So, the bank account survived to fight another day.

Enjoyed looking and checking out this and that. 4 hours of fun for $10. That's hard to beat.

I'm going tomorrow, leaf duty today. I'm glad you had a good time, because I have buddies that need rifles and ammo, and its there 1st gun show.

It was packed. I was bent out of shape that the one lady that usually has every mag possible wasn't at the show this time. I got another Magpul One to Two point sling knock off for $15. My other one works great, why not.

Got two Circle 10 and a Circle 21 5.45 mags from Epic Bearded AK guy.

Ammo prices were a joke.

Nothing special about the show, lots of people and normal prices on the high side. I did get to look at the sig mpx with no brace @ $1200 and $1300, realized my sig swat pistol doesn't need to be replaced. I also handled Keltecs cmr 30, it was priced at $800.00. It felt like a cheap toy gun and after reading the reviews on how dirty it gets and reliability problems at 100 rounds I definitely left it there. I walked out with two knit purses and a knit hat for my daughters, not what I expected to be leaving a gun show with..... Once the memory fades from this gun show I will go to another a few years down the road. You cant beat the ODT, not even close.

I'm going tomorrow, leaf duty today. I'm glad you had a good time, because I have buddies that need rifles and ammo, and its there 1st gun show.

They'll have a blast. If they're shopping new, Cherokee is hard to beat. If they're shopping used, honestly, I'd focus on private sales (people walking around with their own guns), or I'd buy from on here. Used prices from dealers were steep, IMO. I'd shop around. Prices from dealer to dealer vary GREATLY. A little looking can save you a lot of money.

Ammo prices were consistent with what you'd find in most stores. You might find a motivated seller the closer you get to closing tomorrow. And, of course, cash money talks.

I was looking for the guy that sets up in the back right corner that sells gun cleaning mats. I usually buy one, but he wasn't there this show.

Last edited:
Nothing special about the show, lots of people and normal prices on the high side. I did get to look at the sig mpx with no brace @ $1200 and $1300, realized my sig swat pistol doesn't need to be replaced. I also handled Keltecs cmr 30, it was priced at $800.00. It felt like a cheap toy gun and after reading the reviews on how dirty it gets and reliability problems at 100 rounds I definitely left it there. I walked out with two knit purses and a knit hat for my daughters, not what I expected to be leaving a gun show with..... Once the memory fades from this gun show I will go to another a few years down the road. You cant beat the ODT, not even close.
I agree with you about ODT good deals and good people!!!!

I saw a uptick in AR prices this time around since the WH is talking ban again. Even Cherokee seemed a tad bit higher than the last time I was there. I got there at 1:30. That @#$% ain't happening again. Normally I'm there when it opens.

Back
Top Bottom