RK Gun Show: Offer Your Review. What Did You Buy??

The guy selling steel targets in the back right corner had some very nice stuff. If I had the cash to spare, I'd love to have one of those windmill things he had. That was sweet.

Also, I forgot to buy a long gun sleeve a vendor had for $8. Surprisingly good quality for the money. I meant to double back and buy it, and remembered it about halfway home. :mad:

Eh, I feel remarkably safe at a gun show.

Color me crazy, I suppose.
In this situation, I carry mostly for the same reason I would at a place like Walmart. They're both massive buildings and the chance of someone inside doing you harm is slim (based on odds) but its the walk -to- and -from- the car. Thats a lot of why I carry. My right hand is always free and my left hand is jingling my keys, ready to go.

In other safety news, I ducked 3 different times after 3 different guys muzzle swept me with their rifles. It felt a lot like a public shooting range.

I went with my niece and her future husband who hasn't shot anything bigger than a .22. They didn't buy anything, more just looking to get a feel for something they want to go rent and shoot before they buy. I don't have anything compact so have nothing they could borrow.
The magazine lady and the gun mat guy were definitely missing, and the guy that sold salsa hasn't been at the Expo for any of this years shows.

I thought ammo was high, picked up a couple of OWB kydex holsters and snagged some Morakniv knives, the Craftline model, 5 for $40. They'll make nice stocking stuffers.
Great knives for sure! I have several myself.

I went today as well, met a couple of ODT members. It's always good to put a face with a name. Nice to meet y'all in person. I agree prices are all over the place with a slight uptick. I did purchase a few smalls at the show, and a new G 19 gen4 at Ed's after the show. Too crowded to suit my style, but did find some oddball ammo I had looked for a while now. All in all I had a good time and spent too much cash, what's new?

Last edited:
One thing I didn't mention was I did meet some ODT guys unexpectedly and that was the best part of going, worth the entrance fee. I would estimate that if we did manage to get a central location on a weekend for an ALL ODT meet/swap, we could kick in a nominal fee, including some sponsors and have the best gun swap/sale with refreshments ever. We would definitely have to have some additional thought and input on such an event as I have no idea on organizing ,legal issues and security for it.

One thing I didn't mention was I did meet some ODT guys unexpectedly and that was the best part of going, worth the entrance fee. I would estimate that if we did manage to get a central location on a weekend for an ALL ODT meet/swap, we could kick in a nominal fee, including some sponsors and have the best gun swap/sale with refreshments ever. We would definitely have to have some additional thought and input on such an event as I have no idea on organizing ,legal issues and security for it.
How'd y'all find each other? I had to be in uniform for work so I couldnt wear my odt apparel.

Back
Top Bottom