• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RK Gun Show This Weekend...Anybody Going?

Well, just got home. Just a few thoughts and lies to share:

The show is smaller than it's peak during the Obama years, but that's to be expected. Several empty tables were scattered thru the aisles, and the back left corner was pretty vacant. There was still a good selling crowd, though, and definitely worth the trip.

Likewise, the buying crowd seemed down from previous shows. Post election, pretty day...once again, to be expected. There was a good crowd, though, but not so crowded that you couldn't look around. Walking the aisles was noticeably easier than previous shows.

It was your standard show when it comes to prices. Some vendors have adjusted to the times, some are dreaming. 9mm bulk ammo prices were very good. $85 for 500 rounds, and Southern Munitions had 1000 rounds for $175 in an ammo can (if I remember right). Cherokee has their usual good prices. I saw some good deals, but it was about like usual, you've got to look for the diamonds among the turds.

**One seller I want to give a BIG heads up to everyone about is Rome Gun and Pawn. They are located on the far left side, kind of close to the coffee stand in the corner. Their used gun prices are LEGIT, and the price listed was out the door prices, no sales tax or other fees. They had several guns on the counter that were VERY appealing. I ended up buying a Sig P320 from them. I've been wanting to try one, the price was right, so I'm happy.

Finally, I want to give a shout out to DEVEST8R DEVEST8R and S.T.B. He's along the back wall to the right, and he is simply THE MAN when it comes to anything with a blade on it. He's a first class guy, and he runs a first class business. If you ever get a chance, do yourself a favor, and do business with him.

All in all, it was a good time. It was kinda hard to part with $13 (I used the $2 off coupon) to get in the door, but it was a fun way to kill off 3 hours or so.

Chambliss welding? He's good people. I bought a couple of their silhouette flappers last time. Good prices.

media

Yes, that's them. I bought a silhouette target with flapping doors in the head/chest from them a couple of years ago. We've shot the fire out of that target, and it's worked super.

I'm hoping that they come back in December. I'm going to buy a target or two as gifts.

Everything Dogtown Darren said ! Still way to commercial. I mean come on M1 carbines for $1300 to $1600 ? Saw the same SWD M11/9 for $750. The guy has been trying to sell it for two years that I know of ! A Tec .22 for $450 ? I could go on and on but I won't

Decent show slightly smaller crowd which may mean less tire kickers . The guys by me seem to be doing good. Stuff seems to be moving. Friend of mine sold an 8 in .22 Colt Trooper . I would not be shocked to see it turn up here it was priced right

We had a great time at this show. I bought several items and it was WAY worth the $13 admission price. You never really know what you are going to see and you HAVE to go LOOK! Sometimes, nothing (but there's always really something if you look hard enough), sometimes bonanza! Hell, I'm going back tomorrow it was so good!

Was there for about 3 hours. Lots to look at. Sold two inexpensive handguns walking through. Probably dig out some more junk to take and go back tomorrow.

Well, just got home. Just a few thoughts and lies to share:

The show is smaller than it's peak during the Obama years, but that's to be expected. Several empty tables were scattered thru the aisles, and the back left corner was pretty vacant. There was still a good selling crowd, though, and definitely worth the trip.

Likewise, the buying crowd seemed down from previous shows. Post election, pretty day...once again, to be expected. There was a good crowd, though, but not so crowded that you couldn't look around. Walking the aisles was noticeably easier than previous shows.

It was your standard show when it comes to prices. Some vendors have adjusted to the times, some are dreaming. 9mm bulk ammo prices were very good. $85 for 500 rounds, and Southern Munitions had 1000 rounds for $175 in an ammo can (if I remember right). Cherokee has their usual good prices. I saw some good deals, but it was about like usual, you've got to look for the diamonds among the turds.

**One seller I want to give a BIG heads up to everyone about is Rome Gun and Pawn. They are located on the far left side, kind of close to the coffee stand in the corner. Their used gun prices are LEGIT, and the price listed was out the door prices, no sales tax or other fees. They had several guns on the counter that were VERY appealing. I ended up buying a Sig P320 from them. I've been wanting to try one, the price was right, so I'm happy.

Finally, I want to give a shout out to DEVEST8R DEVEST8R and S.T.B. He's along the back wall to the right, and he is simply THE MAN when it comes to anything with a blade on it. He's a first class guy, and he runs a first class business. If you ever get a chance, do yourself a favor, and do business with him.

All in all, it was a good time. It was kinda hard to part with $13 (I used the $2 off coupon) to get in the door, but it was a fun way to kill off 3 hours or so.

THANK YOU Dogtown Darren Dogtown Darren for those kind words!! I truly appreciate that! Good to meet you in person today as well! I think I'm gonna start doing like most of the knife makers at Blade Show and bring couches to sit and hang out on! @johnnyplant said we needed to bring some beer next time! Lol

Back
Top Bottom