• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road trip with the in-laws Part 87

The good thing about traveling with your wife's family now is that you will remember it next time and maybe try to mitigate the impact.
Another great one from years past

20240406_103547.jpg

Attachments

• 20240406_103547.jpg
    20240406_103547.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 4
After 16 years of marriage and multiple family trips, I can absolutely 💯 promise you there is no possible way to mitigate any of this
Sorry. That sucks.

I got stuck with my sister-in-law's family for about a week last year in Asia. They don't like me because I am pretty sure they have been told I am a right-wing extremist, which is funny because I never discuss politics around them. They live in California and should probably stay there. I booked a different hotel from them so we would have to meet up, which provided me some time without them. As soon as we all piled into a van though, I was trapped. Her husband would only eat chicken if it's a boneless breast. He bitched incessantly, especially about traffic. Their kids mostly wanted to eat pizza. The only reason I mention it was in Asia is because there's going to be traffic and the menu isn't going to be the same as the States. It was a headache.

The sister-in-law asked if we wanted to meet them somewhere else this summer. My thought process goes through these priorities:

1. No, we can't make it.
2. We can make it, but our timelines only overlap 2-3 days.
3. We stay in different hotels and can only link up certain days.
4. My wife can join but I am not going to be able to make it.

Another great one from years past

Oh man. You've got your work cut out for you.

Sorry. That sucks.

I got stuck with my sister-in-law's family for about a week last year in Asia. They don't like me because I am pretty sure they have been told I am a right-wing extremist, which is funny because I never discuss politics around them. They live in California and should probably stay there. I booked a different hotel from them so we would have to meet up, which provided me some time without them. As soon as we all piled into a van though, I was trapped. Her husband would only eat chicken if it's a boneless breast. He bitched incessantly, especially about traffic. Their kids mostly wanted to eat pizza. The only reason I mention it was in Asia is because there's going to be traffic and the menu isn't going to be the same as the States. It was a headache.

The sister-in-law asked if we wanted to meet them somewhere else this summer. My thought process goes through these priorities:

1. No, we can't make it.
2. We can make it, but our timelines only overlap 2-3 days.
3. We stay in different hotels and can only link up certain days.
4. My wife can join but I am not going to be able to make it.
Oh man. You've got your work cut out for you.
Wow. I feel for you man, that's rough!

In my case it's been going on for years lol

🤣

Well I really just wanted to know who made the Uzi they had and what the price was.

What really got me was the guy was trying to fit a canister and it wasn't working so the other guy came around and tried also, and then he walked off when he couldn't fix it...and NEITHER of them acknowledged I was there.
If it wasn't clearly marked, it was probably too much

Back
Top Bottom